• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Gayle

Beach Comber
Dec 31, 2013
My grandkids are coming from NY for the second year in a row and again this year the weather is predicted to be terrible. Last year it was in the 50s while they were here. I know there is lots to do in the spring and summer but I desperately need something for a 14, 12, and 10 year old to do Feb 15- 20. We miss the Mardi Gras again this year and if it continues to rain or be cold I am going to need something-anything for them to do.

Any and all suggestions welcome

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
There is the Paint Pottery in Seaside, Seaside Rep has great plays, and there is a game place in Baytown, there is a billboard with the name across from Publix on 98.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Movies in Panama City, fun board games (Outburst Junior is great fun for all ages - http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...olp_collectible?ie=UTF8&condition=collectible), two for one dinner out at Cafe 30A or other two for one dinners, ball games on the beach, maybe looking for ghost crabs at sunset if they're out this time of year, taking lots of photos of the kids jumping in the air (they'll jump over and over to get the best photo of them in the air), Frank Brown Park in Panama city (you can read about it online), Orange Leaf Make Your Own sundaes at the Villages of South Walton (pricey but may be worth it), there's a water fountain "park" at Rosemary Beach somewhere where the kids can push a button and water spurts out (if you get a warm day) - someone from Rosemary Beach can tell you where it is.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Movies right here in South Walton at the new Carmike at Grand Blvd in Sandestin! And yes, movies at Pier Park in PCB, where there are other fun things to do..

Beach play.. Try Grayton Beach. Depending on the weather, sometimes the beach is just as fun in winter!

Visit our fantastic state parks for fun nature walks and gorgeous scenery. Some offer live music or breakfast with a ranger.. See sowal.com events calendar.

Definitely a day or evening at Baytowne in Sandestin at the adventure zone with zip line, arcade and lots of activities.

Hang out in Seaside for the day and enjoy the whole town! Then hike the gardens and parks in WaterColor just down the street. Check out the boathouse!

Head to Destin or PCB and see the fishing boats come in. Have a fun dinner.

librarian

Beach Lover
Jan 22, 2009
And Pier Park has a little amusement park, though I don't know the hours. You may be able to find more information about it online.
Miracle mile is expanding very cool but won't reopen until about April