• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seanote

Beach Lover
Jul 18, 2007
private beach sign.jpgAnyone know anything more about this??? No walking, vehicular traffic, or leisure activity to the waterline???????

The beginning of the end of the Seagrove I love.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
There have been some relatively new signs just west of the Ramsgate walkover for a couple of months.

Word fail.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Teresa, ALL signage on the beach needs to be removed! It is a disgrace to Walton County and a scar on our beautiful, pristine beaches.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
That statute only applies to structures or conveyances. Has nothing to do with the public beach. They might should have researched the statutes before they printed up signs. As long as you arent on the walkover or their porch that one doesnt apply.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
It's a newby that ordered a sign online. Anyone can just uproot it and deposit it in the trash. The TDC should anyway.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
Not a newby. Anyone can look up the owners on the property appraiser's website and see that none of the seven lots on Deer Lake Beach Drive have changed hands lately. Those seven properties probably add up to about 690 front feet, so someone is speaking for the whole street.
"No vehicular traffic." That's rich, tell it to the sheriff, the TDC, the lifeguards, the surveyors. Oh, wait, maybe it's the surveyors that upset them. You think?
Maybe the neighborhood is planning an opt out of the beach renourishment. Or maybe they are just jerks.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
I'll go for the latter, although I tend toward profanity when provoked, and might refer to them as a two syllable (or is it hyphenated?) word meaning rear-facing bodily orifice.