• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
Regardless of what the insurance companies may or may not currently be saying, my personal preference is clear. If I'm in a golf cart that is involved in a collision with a car or truck, I expect to come out on the losing end, probably in a dramatic and unpleasant sort of way.

It's simple physics.

And if I'm on 30A in a golf cart, the cars will outnumber me at least 100 to 1. Rationalizations and explanations are all well and good, but I'm not going to risk my life in one on 30A. If you want wind in your hair, get a Jeep.

I'm tired of arguing for LSVs as some sort of panacea. I am thinking the best car for 30A is not an LSV, but something that can keep up with traffic. A Jeep sounds appealling, but I think the best is actually a Fiat 500 -in the soft shade of green, with tan drop top. Not much more money than an LSV, but much more practical, and can keep up with traffic where called upon. And I think they're beautiful cars. Truth is, i'm just tired of seeing huge SUV's really, so yes I'd prefer to see an LSV and put up with (what to me at least) seems very minor brushes with being slowed down (as compared to cyclists even for god sakes) that I'm down with it. I'd like to see a mix of Nissan Leaf's (I bought one and love it) and Fiat 500's, and LSV's all driven responsibly and courteously. I'm tired of seeing Seaside jammed with humongous SUV's. On some days a few years ago, I snapped some photos of the parking cirlce in towncenter Seaside, and there was literally 100% large format SUV's parked there. I guess its just the way it is. I think ultimately LSVs will continue to grow exponentially in popularity, and that doesn't cure everything and it does create a new set of headaches (which I think are smaller relative to the alternative.) Yes, obviously the insurance companies agree with me, but I guess I'm not going to get too many locals to publicly agree with this stance. The critique of the tourist acting idiotic is almost a sport sometimes amongst people who have to deal with them everyday, I get that. But I have to say that the tourists that we're attracting in South Walton are the most courteous that you'd get anywhere in America.

peace

justhavinfun

Beach Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
Eastern Lake
I'm glad those type of people are the ones that you see and have encountered as I've encountered nothing but jack...s..s since we bought here 14 years ago. These fine people are either indulged kids from Atlanta or other big cities that are suffering from that disease called "AFFLUENZA or college kids with no disregard for our beaches or picking up after they pound a case and a half of Busch and leave the empties on the sand in a "Badge of Honor". Maybe what I've seen over these years are just isolated incidents with the Demon seed known as Damien leading the service . When I have to go to the beach with a garbage bag and tell these fine outstanding people to use this bag for their garbage, you should see the look we get. I respect your opinion but I've seen the worst Spring Break and Summer has to offer..