• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Just go to qpublic.net/Walton and click on a parcel near that intersection. Scroll around and you can find it. Click on what looks to be like those parcels and you can see the parcel maps.

Thanks, but I've been in this county long enough to realize that one planning board member tells the news it's just about right-of-way, but then after the deed is done someone else says they read it wrong and did include the beach access.

Thanks, but I've been in this county long enough to realize that one planning board member tells the news it's just about right-of-way, but then after the deed is done someone else says they read it wrong and did include the beach access.
That's why we stayed on the Planning Commission's butts when we were fighting an issue next door. We hired a lawyer, got Cindy Meadows' support, and won. Sweet victory!

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Anyone go to the meeting to see just WHAT our county is giving away?

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Heard from friends at meeting that it is postponed until March.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
It was continued as EBSCO has not signed the agreement with the county. It's been sent back to the BCC, once they approve it it'll go back to the planning meeting.

Still haven't seen a survey of what is to be given away, but I swear I can smell something...

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I agree. Sounds a bit fishy to me. Folks that depend on that access better start checking into it and making their voice heard or they might lose it to the "venue" next door to it.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
Well, that's better re the beach access.

Like I've advocated, the bike path still needs to be moved south of 30A at that intersection. If I were a property owner there, I would not like it. But my five-year-old brother was killed by a driver. Adults and kids roll through that intersection on bicycles like it's in their safe subdivision in the ATL. But that's not how people roll through there. There are people in a hurry to go to/from Publix or Seaside or wherever, construction workers who are trying to get to/from work just to make a living and deadlines, etc.

No one wants to see a child run over and look like hamburger meat as my brother did.

Thanks, miznotebook, for the info.

BR

Ultimately, this is a part of the greater clash on 30A. 30A itself is becoming a resort, and as such construction workers etc. and folks in a hurry are either going to need to adjust to this fact, even though legally it's not a planned unit development. It's actually more dense for much of the year than many PUD's. Some like this, some wish we could restrict the density and behaviour that comes with it, into defined legal zones, but in my humble opinion that's just not life.

I don't know what all the solutions are. I do know for those that really hate this inconvenience of much of the area becoming a very dense vacation resort, the solution seems pretty simple to me; move to somewhere you don't have this problem, otherwise you do like most locals do and adjust your schedule around it, and be somewhat glad for so many of the locals who actually benefit greatly from the fact that south walton/30a is hopping mad, for much of the year.