• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
Returning to the topic of Mr. Campanella, it scares me that this candidate appears to have parachuted into this county, this race, without much (if any) involvement with this county or it's schools. He has a pre-conceived notion of how to fix a system that he holds dear, even though it has failed everywhere it has been tried. The education reform lobby, led by people like Rhee, can drop money and help with the political polish...but I hate to see Walton County become a proving ground like Tennessee. This kind of funding is a corrupting influence, and this kind of candidate is not what Walton County needs at this critical time.

Earlier this year, Tennessee looked like it would be the perfect proving ground, with a friendly governor, a weak teacher’s union, and a GOP-controlled legislature softened up by Rhee’s generosity.

http://http://www.newrepublic.com/article/113204/michelle-rhee-tennessee-studentsfirst-floods-school-races

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Is it wrong that the word "carpetbagger" keeps coming to mind?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Mr. Campanella....if you have not already gotten the message let me be a bit more blunt....VOTE NO! You are not what this county needs!! We don't need more failed charter/voucher schools and privatization is not the solution to our school districts problems.

Parents need to get off their proverbial backsides and demand accountability. The teachers need a stronger voice in their local union. School privatization preys on weak unions and parents desperate to help their children succeed without having to actually be involved.

Charlene Anderson needs to GO, as do all her political cronies and parents and teachers alike need to move in the direction of having an appointed Superintendent.

PARENTS are the driving force behind any great school, parents who are committed to their children(s) education, parents that demand accountability (which doesn't happen allot, if at all, in Walton County) and we need strong district leaders without private agendas like yours who will actually listen to the wants and needs of constituents in their districts and act in the best interest of ALL children, not big land developers, politicians and a current Superintendent with bigger political aspirations.

I think I already know the answer to this question but I'll ask anyway....Do you Mr. Campanella have a child or children currently enrolled in a Walton County School? Admittedly it's not a qualification but one would think you have a vested interest other than privatization charter/voucher schools and/or other hidden agendas to run as a relative "unheard" in a county where those that should be heard the loudest (parents and teachers) don't even have a say in their children(s) education.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Andrew Campanells wrote:
So I appreciate the links to articles and the attempts to try to link me to folks near and far and right and left.

No one is trying to link you to anything Mr. Campanella, by your own admission you are and have been involved in organizations to privatize public schools.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
You know, there is nothing to keep either one of you complaining about charter schools from filing for the school board. You try to make points that are completely invalid when you look at the actual results of charter schools vs. our presently defunct public education system. Admittedly, it use to be great as when I was growing up. Now, not so much. Furthermore, I am not for the total privatization of public schools. I am for alternative means that bring them to become what they once were. If that means some privatization where it is needed, so be it.

Yes, let's do look at the success of charter/voucher schools in the state of Florida Andy A....Florida approved its first charter school in 1996 and of the approximately 500 charter schools that have opened since then more than 252 of them have closed without explanation leaving parents scrambling to find alternatives.

How do you measure success?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
In the long run you can post all you want against the candidate, but as of right now he's the only one in the race. That means that even if he is the only person that votes for himself he still wins. Who else is running?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
In the long run you can post all you want against the candidate, but as of right now he's the only one in the race. That means that even if he is the only person that votes for himself he still wins. Who else is running?

It's still very early.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Are you suggesting opportunism and exploitation by outsiders? Say it ain't so!! :D

I don't mind outsiders, as long as they don't shape shift their positions based on what they think is politically optimal. Here's his facebook page by the way: https://www.facebook.com/andrewrcamp?fref=ts

I couldn't help noticing that yesterday he had the Walton County Tea party Patriots as one of the groups on his fb page. That's not the case today.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington

Excellent point. Until we can put up a viable candidate and give them the support they need in District 5, we have little room to criticize. The beach needs to get itself organized politically. We need a good candidate and a referendum for an appointed superintendent.