• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Spring Break is fast approaching and many students are preparing to travel to Walton County to enjoy our beautiful beaches. The WCSO has a few tips for spring break safety:

Be Smart. Students are not invincible. Spring breakers are involved in incidents that lead to arrest, injury and property damage. Many of the incidents are linked to alcohol and drug use. The legal drinking age in Florida is 21. If you are under the age of 21 and are found in possession of alcohol or driving while under the influence, you will be charged with breaking the law. We encourage everyone of legal drinking age to have a designated driver, call a cab and do not accept drinks from anyone you do not know. A great plan is to travel in groups for safety reasons and look out for one another.

Be Safe. The Sheriff’s Office encourages students to carry ID on them at all times. In case of an emergency, family and friends can be contacted by law enforcement. While at the beach, be sure to know the Beach Flag Warning System before heading in the water. If you get caught in a rip current, don’t swim against it. Swim parallel to the shore until the rip passes. Swim in areas where lifeguards are present. Drinking in the sun can maximize the effects of alcohol, so keep this in mind, stay hydrated by drinking lots of water and if you start feeling faint or light-headed, find shade and water immediately.

Our Priority. The Sheriff’s Office wants to ensure that students return home safely, and we believe that a well-informed spring breaker is a safer spring breaker. We want everyone to have an enjoyable time but to do so safely. We will increase patrol on our beaches and on our roads. Operations will be conducted to target individuals who purchase, give or otherwise provide alcohol, tobacco, controlled substances or synthetic drugs to underage youth. We will monitor spring break activities throughout Walton County and will collect statistics daily regarding alcohol possession, tobacco, controlled substances and synthetic drugs. The Walton County Sheriff’s Office is committed to the wellbeing of our youth, our visitors and our residents.

Das Ist Alles!
wcso.jpg

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Last edited:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Is it just me or does anybody else find this just a little offensive with the NAZI captions??

It isn't NAZI. It is the German word for "attention". In answer to your question it is just you.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I'm more offended by his signature. According to Jim Tucker, I'm morphing into a vagina.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
I'm not offended by it, I just sort of don't get it. Is the Sheriff practicing his German, or does he think spring breakers will pay more attention if it's in another language??

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I have achtung deficit disorder so i didn't even notice.