• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

twins_plus_one

Beach Comber
May 1, 2013
Hello all. I just realized this was the better forum to post on (had been posting in Vacation Rentals). Last year my family had a perfect vacation in mid-July in Old Florida Village. We had to drive to the beach Gulfview Heights/Goatfeathers access) but it's actually what we prefer since we have small kids who aren't too keen on walking in the heat, especially while carrying beach gear. We always found parking and there was never a crowd. I just haven't found anything ideal in OFV this year as we're looking for a one-story (toddlers + stairs are not fun). I found a place in Cassine Village and 2 in Magnolia Cottages. They both have about a 5 minute walk to the beach with plenty of steps, so I was looking for a public beach access.

I spoke to a couple of rental companies that said they would ALL be crowded in July which was just not true of our stay last year. There was no one even within earshot of us on any day we visited the beach. Really hoping to get a more accurate idea of what we'll be getting into. Please HELP! Thank you!

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
2+1@ Sanctuary at Redfish = EZ water taxi ride to almost private beach on 30A in Blue Mountain Beach. Zero stairs and Zero Entry Pool which is part of a 4 pool Oasis. Also a S'Mores fire pit for night fun. Oh, did I mention daily beach service includes. 2 beach chairs and umbrella daily set up. www.vrbo.com/508781 . Some July weeks still open. Walk to famous Blue Mt. Creamy.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Hello all. I just realized this was the better forum to post on (had been posting in Vacation Rentals). Last year my family had a perfect vacation in mid-July in Old Florida Village. We had to drive to the beach Gulfview Heights/Goatfeathers access) but it's actually what we prefer since we have small kids who aren't too keen on walking in the heat, especially while carrying beach gear. We always found parking and there was never a crowd. I just haven't found anything ideal in OFV this year as we're looking for a one-story (toddlers + stairs are not fun). I found a place in Cassine Village and 2 in Magnolia Cottages. They both have about a 5 minute walk to the beach with plenty of steps, so I was looking for a public beach access.

I spoke to a couple of rental companies that said they would ALL be crowded in July which was just not true of our stay last year. There was no one even within earshot of us on any day we visited the beach. Really hoping to get a more accurate idea of what we'll be getting into. Please HELP! Thank you!

These links may help
http://sowal.com/beach-accesses-map
http://sowal.com/beach-accesses

You can narrow down by features you want - parking, lifeguards, restrooms, etc.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
You'll generally find that you'll need to balance your desire to be "near it all" and less busy beach accesses.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
You rarely see anyone lying around the sands of Pooper's Sceptic Village, but of course there's a reason for that. Yet again you have to balance.