• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
To prevent traffic back-ups at the intersection, there was an agreement for the sheriff's office to have off-duty deputies direct traffic there at peak times during spring break, and for the posse to supplement in order to keep the cost to the county down.It is $25 per hour for the off-duty deputies, and the posse works free of charge. The sheriff's office also agreed to man the intersection with on-duty personnel at other times as needed, but the agreement helps them keep their manpower in place to deal with other spring break issues.

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
The problem is that the "posse" causes more of a backup than there would otherwise be. It was a nightmare today around noon. The traffic flows much more smoothly on weekdays without the extra "help". A 3 way stop is not rocket science, even for spring breakers. I would rather see a crossing guard getting bikers and pedestrians across 395 safely. They seem to be the ones who are the most unglued.

sharkstooth

Beach Lover
May 24, 2011
The problem is that the "posse" causes more of a backup than there would otherwise be. It was a nightmare today around noon. The traffic flows much more smoothly on weekdays without the extra "help". A 3 way stop is not rocket science, even for spring breakers. I would rather see a crossing guard getting bikers and pedestrians across 395 safely. They seem to be the ones who are the most unglued.

Oh I was there! Around noon the man directing traffic had it all wrong! Thankful that the awesome lady came on duty and straightened out the mess! I think she rocks, and has been very helpful keeping the traffic flowing. I work in property management, concierge in that area on Saturdays, and it's crazy!

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
Oh I was there! Around noon the man directing traffic had it all wrong! Thankful that the awesome lady came on duty and straightened out the mess! I think she rocks, and has been very helpful keeping the traffic flowing. I work in property management, concierge in that area on Saturdays, and it's crazy!
Exactly. Everything was backed up so much more than necessary. We only saw the man - nightmare.