• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
The best wash for crawfish is salt water. Plenty of that in the gulf. I have allways left the beach with no trace except my tire tracks!!

Another myth busted! Bring them pre-boiled or better yet day old in some fettucine:wave:

“Research at the LSU AgCenter has shown that the addition of salt to the wash water provides no significant advantage in cleansing crawfish despite the numerous claims to the contrary.”

http://www.lsuagcenter.com/news_arc...ter-purges-tail-curl-for-cooking-crawfish.htm

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I once had a boil. No one was envious. Couldn't sit down for a week. Really sucked.

bf

Beach Comber
Jan 11, 2008
We had a boil on Saturday and left the beach as we found it, maybe even cleaner.

I hope that wasn't the same boil that was disposed of along the road in the Point Washington State Forest on Sunday. Garbage bag, 5 gallon bucket, beer cans, paper products along with the boil debris!:pissed:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I hope that wasn't the same boil that was disposed of along the road in the Point Washington State Forest on Sunday. Garbage bag, 5 gallon bucket, beer cans, paper products along with the boil debris!:pissed:

that's awful! I can't imagine a local being responsible for this, or anyone for that matter.