• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
If we don't enforce the laws, eventually we will see toddlers peeing on piles of beer cans in turtle nesting areas in plain sight of law enforcement officers.

... get rid of cable, switch to direct TV. Don't have toddlers pissing on piles of beer cans on turtle nests. and remember, we must periodically enforce ridiculously high drinking ages.

I have seen so many crazy things happen. Teenagers driving A CAR down the bike path near Eastern Lake, and others driving street-legal golf carts down the bike path at full speed. We have seen kids riding their bikes full speed at night through the parking lot at Seaside (with total disregard of the fact that they could be killed by a vehicle whose driver didn't have time to see them when backing out of a parking spot due to the bikes coming out of nowhere). We have also encountered both adults and kids walking through that parking lot with no apparent understanding that they can be killed when they just step out in front of a vehicle without making eye contact with the driver. Then I'd say that 50% of the bikers we've seen roll through the 395/30A intersection WITHOUT STOPPING AT ALL.

I mean, 25 mph is too fast for a vehicle to drive with all of these reckless human beings.

That being said, I think that the county should install speed limit signs that flip down to change the speed to higher than 25 in the off-season when there is virtually no traffic and the people on the bike path are mostly residents/owners or mature adults who are not reckless. That would be much cheaper than electronic signs.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
The inside info is that things are mellower this year. Occupancy is down due to snow days and/or people traveling further south because their winters were so severe they want to make sure it's HOT! WCSO clears folks off Seaside beach at 11 pm and checks bags - if you are underage and have alcohol you go right to the mobile booking station. The word is getting out. Watch for kids to start gathering at other beaches (look out Rosemary Beach).

Next week is most of Atlanta which is usually the biggest spring break week.

The inside info is that things are mellower this year. Occupancy is down due to snow days and/or people traveling further south because their winters were so severe they want to make sure it's HOT! WCSO clears folks off Seaside beach at 11 pm and checks bags - if you are underage and have alcohol you go right to the mobile booking station. The word is getting out. Watch for kids to start gathering at other beaches (look out Rosemary Beach).

Next week is most of Atlanta which is usually the biggest spring break week.
I can see that reasoning. It's true that I haven't heard of kids dancing on tables or on the bar at Pizza Bar. Thank you, WCSO, for all you have done to deter underage drinkers.

Hubby just drove through Rosemary. It was the most crowded that he's ever seen. The greens were covered with kids.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I like those lighted speed limit signs that raise the speed limit depending on how fast I'm going. Like if I'm going 45 it lights up 45. If I go 50, it says 50 (I think it starts flashing too which is really cool). I like to get it to flash blue by doing 65. Adaptive speed limit signs are awesome!!

seabythegrove

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2012
Interesting points of views between tourists, part timers and locals.
Living here 24/7/365 allows you to be both bothered and tolerant.
It is what it is - not necessarily what I signed up for, but I'm not leaving...

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
This is the absolute best idea ever. Right now I can seriously type on my computer, read a book, clean my backseat off going from 395 to Lakewood.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I like those lighted speed limit signs that raise the speed limit depending on how fast I'm going. Like if I'm going 45 it lights up 45. If I go 50, it says 50 (I think it starts flashing too which is really cool). I like to get it to flash blue by doing 65. Adaptive speed limit signs are awesome!!

:lol:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
It's almost over and it really wasn't that bad. I predict next year will be better as the word will be out that law enforcement is present and working. I realize that some feel it wasn't enough or was overbearing, but just doing SOMETHING will deter the trash next year.