• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ecopal

Beach Fanatic
Apr 26, 2005
The amount of new construction and recent sales in Cassine Village is interesting.

It is also remarkable that here are still some houses for less than $500.

This community has all the amenities of Nature Walk and Watercolor Crossing but is just steps from the beach and first class restaurants and shopping.

Cassine Village seems to a bargain hunters paradise.

ecopal

Beach Fanatic
Apr 26, 2005
The association fee is very cheap--around $1000 a year-- and includes 2 pools, tennis courts, and a central park with lake and gazebo, and its own cypress nature area.

It also adjoins state forest biking and hiking trails.

byw: correction-- i left the "k" off of $500k.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
The amount of new construction and recent sales in Cassine Village is interesting.

It is also remarkable that here are still some houses for less than $500.

This community has all the amenities of Nature Walk and Watercolor Crossing but is just steps from the beach and first class restaurants and shopping.

Cassine Village seems to a bargain hunters paradise.

I doubt it has anything to do with it, but I have never looked at that area the same since 'the incident' there a few years back. Kinda makes me sad to go back on the trail.

hi n dry

Beach Lover
Sep 12, 2005
It is my understanding that the developer is retiring and has priced his lot/ house packages to sell quickly and they are selling.

Therefore anyone trying to sell an existing home has to keep their price low to compete with the discounted developer properties .

This is why the prices are much lower than other similar Seagrove "walk to beach" communities .

Zac

Beach Lover
Oct 15, 2012
30A
Comparing Cassine Gardens to Watercolor is laughable, to say the least

hi n dry

Beach Lover
Sep 12, 2005
I agree Zac...

Because most houses in watercolor are NOT a brief wall to beach as they are in Cassine.

In the summer have you ever tried driving in the traffic grid lock-which gets worse every year-- and finding a parking place at a beach access?

ecopal

Beach Fanatic
Apr 26, 2005
What is laughable is why someone would buy a "beach house" that is not walking distance to the beach.

Most houses in Water color are not walking distance to beach and none of the Nature Walk houses are.

The real deals are in hidden communities like Sugarwood Beach and Grove By the Sea where most of the houses are a close walk to beach. All the houses in Cassine Village are an easy walk to beach plus it has pools and tennis courts.

There is also a nice beach community behind Cafe 30A and another just east of there behind Trustmark Bank and another just down Robert Ellis street behind Cocoons.

And none of the above communities have high association dues.

When I come to the beach I do not want to have to drive--especially one of those "unsafe at any speed" gulf carts.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
What is laughable is why someone would buy a "beach house" that is not walking distance to the beach. Most houses in Water color are not walking distance to beach and none of the Nature Walk houses are. The real deals are in hidden communities like Sugarwood Beach and Grove By the Sea where most of the houses are a close walk to beach. All the houses in Cassine Village are an easy walk to beach plus it has pools and tennis courts. There is also a nice beach community behind Cafe 30A and another just east of there behind Trustmark Bank and another just down Robert Ellis street behind Cocoons. And none of the above communities have high association dues. When I come to the beach I do not want to have to drive--especially one of those "unsafe at any speed" gulf carts.
three words to forget: Blue Mountain Beach : 90% of house stroll to 5 beach accesses:

second wind

Beach Lover
Feb 18, 2013
What is laughable is why someone would buy a "beach house" that is not walking distance to the beach.

Most houses in Water color are not walking distance to beach and none of the Nature Walk houses are.

The real deals are in hidden communities like Sugarwood Beach and Grove By the Sea where most of the houses are a close walk to beach. All the houses in Cassine Village are an easy walk to beach plus it has pools and tennis courts.

There is also a nice beach community behind Cafe 30A and another just east of there behind Trustmark Bank and another just down Robert Ellis street behind Cocoons.

And none of the above communities have high association dues.

When I come to the beach I do not want to have to drive--especially one of those "unsafe at any speed" gulf carts.
Perhaps Nature Walk , Watercolor and Seaside residents would perfer to purchase homes which are larger , newer , with on site security vs proximity to beach?