• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Major developments have been in the works forever on Scenic 30A. It's still in its infancy. Plenty more to go over the next several years or so... Four laning will never be part of the plan however. Transportation such as trolleys, etc, will be part of the plan, I would imagine.

Major developments have been in the works forever on Scenic 30A. It's still in its infancy. Plenty more to go over the next several years or so... Four laning will never be part of the plan however. Transportation such as trolleys, etc, will be part of the plan, I would imagine.
Let's hope that four-laning is not in the picture. That being said, there needs to be an outlet to 98 between 395 and South Watersound Parkway. That being said, I am not a fan of disturbing the state parks, and I'd rather endure the traffic on 30A than have a new road through the park along which ANYTHING can be built. There have been some proposals that minimize the impact on the state park, but I know that if I owned property along those proposed routes, I would be totally against it. Maybe I should take an Asian philosophy -- do what is good for the whole, not for the individual. Dunno.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach

You obviously make much more sense and have a better understanding of the area than the naysayers that are posting here.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
. Turtle Express a trolley system starting soon, financed by a couple/few owners on 30A..as I understand was broadcast on Chanel 7 Wednesday night.

Beachberbs

Beach Lover
May 24, 2008
Let's hope that four-laning is not in the picture. That being said, there needs to be an outlet to 98 between 395 and South Watersound Parkway. That being said, I am not a fan of disturbing the state parks, and I'd rather endure the traffic on 30A than have a new road through the park along which ANYTHING can be built. There have been some proposals that minimize the impact on the state park, but I know that if I owned property along those proposed routes, I would be totally against it. Maybe I should take an Asian philosophy -- do what is good for the whole, not for the individual. Dunno.

I agree. We need an outlet to 98 between 395 and Watersound Parkway!

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Limited access is best anywhere. A parallel road would be helpful. Doesn't PCB have a road between front beach & 98? Also development can be positive around different communities in that people will get in their cars less and less and walk or ride their bikes as they should. There will always be additional cars from either west or east of 98. That's the problem. Parking areas behind major communities could be added. 30a temporary parking passes - part of the rental could allow only those staying on 30a to park close by. of course 30a residents would have permanent tag. Those without would park further away in new parking lots. They can walk or pay $1 person for the open trolley ride - cheapest might be those tractor types that take people around at big fairs. I wonder how much business is from PCB and Destin/sandestin, etc? If you discourage those people does it hurt your businesses? Ellen