• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I love the Red Bar and think the model should be expanded east, but was surprised they want the other place - didn't it close due to drug problems?

I love the Red Bar and think the model should be expanded east, but was surprised they want the other place - didn't it close due to drug problems?
I was told that there was not enough parking at the 331 location. Parking became a dangerous situation because people had to park across 331 and then cross the street. Even sheriff's lights didn't slow down the traffic, and there was no traffic light at that intersection.

Maybe I am 100% wrong. I never heard about a drug problem. But then I don't live there full time. That being said, the restaurant industry in general has a drug and alcohol problem among its employees due to the odd hours that employees have to work, according to what I've read. I have witnessed servers in South Walton with their plastic cups sitting off to the side and them getting plastered.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Restaurant workers do drugs?!?!?! I'm shocked, I tell you. Shocked! But, if you had to deal with the general tourist public all day and all night, I believe even the best of us might turn to drugs.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
I'm still wondering how well this development will do with no direct beach access.
it's really going to be difficult. I spent an afternoon talking to them about the pre sell triplexes on north side of 30A..sell people where VERY uneducated on this project. Triplexes are 18 + months out and that's only 4 buildings.all of this is a long way away.