• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Elizabeth

Beach Crab
Apr 23, 2014
I am going with my extended family of 8 adults and 5 children renting a beach house at 30a and A street (near alys beach) in August. This will be all of our first trip down to Sowal... I am the main trip researcher so wanted to know what restaurants were worth going to in the area that can accommodate our crowd. both walking distance and a short 5 min max drive.
I have read so many recommendations it gets confusing having to reference back to a map etc. since I dont know the area well. I of course will be going to some restaurants further than that on my own with only my husband. but with the entire family I think we will want easy and quick to get to for breakfast lunch or an early dinner.

The children range in age from 1-8 and the adults are from 35-66.

I especially want to know where the best and closer specialty food markets are where we can get some prepared meals to take back to the house like chicken salad, hummus, dips etc. We will be doing a lot of eating in too and dont want to have to cook a ton.

Thank you in advance.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Charley's Donut truck in Alys. Waffle House and the Donut Hole in Inlet Beach for breakfast. I would just go to Publix for dips, humus, chicken salad, etc.. You'll need to food shop anyway and Waffle House is right across the street.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Regardless of where you go please bear in mind that the entire area will be at capacity during that time. Large groups generally take longer and the staff at restaurants will appreciate your patience. Call ahead and ask for reservations*, if they don't take them don't expect to be seated immediately. Waits can run into the 1 1/2 to 2 hour time frame for large groups. Ask the host/hostess that answers the phone if they have a "slow" night and plan accordingly.

Also keep in mind that a group that large will generally qualify for auto-gratuity. Let the waiter or waitress know ahead of time if you'll need separate checks and specify who goes on which. Don't seat hop afterwards or you'll cause havoc with the delivery of drinks/food and checks.

You'll only ruin your vacation and someone else's day if you expect McDonald's like speed.

*Reservations can even run long if the previous occupants decide to camp out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beachberbs

Beach Lover
May 24, 2008
You can get pizza from Bruno's located in Watersound and CK's Feed and Supply in Rosemary Beach has prepared refrigerated and frozen meals you can bake at your house.

librarian

Beach Lover
Jan 22, 2009
Don't forget you can go to fish places such as Goatfeathers in Seacrest and buy shrimp they will steam and buy raw fish for sashimi/sushi.