• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Never have used it, never will. There are much better beaches in the area...one right outside my door. I can find better places to shop, too. Not that it matters or affects anything, but Seaside is on my list.

StepfordWife

Beach Comber
Sep 14, 2012
I'm guessing each of Seaside's 8 other homeowner's associations owns the other beach parcels. Explains why the bracelet idea was restricted to Tupelo street, at least that was the only proposal I saw.

Last edited:

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
They did not seem to mind having WCSO out there enforcing their curfew and keeping the peace on the beach.

SBlett

Beach Comber
Apr 21, 2013
While I agree with this statement...

If Seaside is upset about crowding on "their" beach why don't they just close the accesses, after all these are private? This is not a new suggestion I know but would seem to solve their problem. The recent survey conducted by TDC/BCC showed that parking was the #1 concern. People parking in Seaside only to use the beach, not staying to buy from the retailers, cause part of the parking problem while not contributing (see #11) and don't say this doesn't happen.

While I can agree to some extent, I take your comment that assumes I am "not contributing (see #11)" to Seaside personally. As someone that volunteers, shops and eats in Seaside year round, I feel that parking in the public lot once or twice a month is more than justified....like I stated, I only live a mile away so the majority of the time I walk or bike in to Seaside.

Last edited:

second wind

Beach Lover
Feb 18, 2013
If Seaside is upset about crowding on "their" beach why don't they just close the accesses, after all these are private? This is not a new suggestion I know but would seem to solve their problem. The recent survey conducted by TDC/BCC showed that parking was the #1 concern. People parking in Seaside only to use the beach, not staying to buy from the retailers, cause part of the parking problem while not contributing (see #11) and don't say this doesn't happen.

I would think closing the beach accesses that have been open for 30 years would be difficult to do and not well received by most locals or visitors. Issues for everyone involved.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
While I can agree to some extent, I take your comment that assumes I am "not contributing (see #11)" to Seaside personally. As someone that volunteers, shops and eats in Seaside year round, I feel that parking in the public lot once or twice a month is more than justified....like I stated, I only live a mile away so the majority of the time I walk or bike in to Seaside.

When you say public lot you are referring to the county lot between Seaside and Watercolor?

swedishKj

Beach Comber
Apr 29, 2014
It's just crazy the response to Seaside rules. Why are people so mad? If you don't like it, go to public beach. Right in front of the Pyramid. It's that simple. One thing they do not teach in college people "RESPECT" learn it, and live it.

Last edited: