• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Duchess

Beach Lover
Sep 11, 2005
Blue Mountain Beach/Reynoldstown
Local Catch is open and Blue Mountain Beach update....

We live on south side of 30-A on Redfish Circle. Draper Lake part of 30-A closed to vehicle traffic but footbridge open. Road doesn't seem damaged--seems to have been preventative.

Security guard at Draper Lake subdivision said there were trees down within their area but didn't elaborate. People (like us) from east of there are parking on the side of 30-A and walking to Local Catch.

Calynn (spelling?), Shelby, and all other Local Catch crew are doing great job! They had TV as well, which excited us, as did the drinks and food. They are the place to be right now, I think.

Our cable (Mediacom) just came back on after being off all day. Our landline phone was out until 11 am and our cell service has been very spotty. We just saw Mediacom crews working at the south side of 83 and 30-A.

Blue Mountain Beach Creamery (which I'm boycotting anyway) closed. Marie's closed (think Hanie and Marie live near FWB anyway). Liquor store looked closed. McTighe's had 2 cars outside and *may* be open--please call to confirm.

Sorry no photos, I'm kind of a Luddite. Thanks to all for all informative posts. My flight is out of Pensacola on Saturday so any news on that area or drive later will be appreciated!

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Thanks.

What's it like on the ground now? I can't tell from the web cams if it's still raining or just cloudy.

Just raining steady, but not hard. The radar shows no real let-up.

rolling dune

Beach Lover
Apr 24, 2008
blue mtn.
Thank you all for this information. My Mom died unexpectedly on Monday night, and the weather at the beach has been the least of my worries. I will call someone to check on our property,
Beach Runner I am so so sorry. I have just gone through the same thing and my heart hurts for you. I do not know you personally but my heartfelt prayers and and love are being sent your way.

Veronica99

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2009
Our weather radio never went off last night. Did yours? Was tornado WARNING (not watch) confirmed?
My iPhone warning went off 2 times for tornado warnings. The second time was warning for this tornado, the alarm sounded at 12:50 for a tornado that developed at 12:38... We heard it pass around 12:40. The local news was tracking it through black creek and Bruce last I heard.

Attachments

• image-2809806600.jpg
    image-2809806600.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 945