• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
A new sign has appeared EAST of the Winston Lane public beach walkover in INLET BEACH, which says Rosemary Beach East. Apparently they think they own the public beach now. They don't want the public using their walkovers, yet they think they can do this. What is going on here????

Not to mention, this is a barrier to nesting sea turtles.

Got a photo? I'd like to see where exactly it is in relation to the map.

Could be a simple mistake in placement - you might go to POA office on west side of town and let them know they should move it. Of course you could also let them know that you think they should remove it from the beach entirely. You can tell them Truman agrees with you.

JanetS

Beach Comber
Sep 8, 2012
Atlanta, GA and Inlet Beach
I rather doubt it's a "mistake." It's likely a ploy by the chair vendors to reserve space on the public beach for the houses that are newly added near there. We are taking a photo, which I'll post when I get back.

I did notice that county law says: "No vending on public beaches shall occur without written annual authorization from the county and any private property
owner whose southern property line is contiguous to the proposed vending location."

http://www.clerkofcourts.co.walton.fl.us/docs/2013_04.pdf

Curious to know if the county gave their permission for this.

Last edited:

Rachael Ashman McKee

Beach Lover
May 21, 2012
Seacrest
This appears to be a sign that is removed at the end of the day. I can guarantee the beach chair guys didn't put it there. Check your facts before you place blame, Tourist.

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
haha - are you one of the beach chair guys? It looks like someone stuck a couple of umbrellas in the sand along with the sign. Appears someon at Rosemary Beach is trying to make a little bit more beachfront for their guests. You'd think they'd be used to being packed in like sardines!

This is not to be tolerated. The new urban communities contribute a lot to our county but shouldn't be allowed to creep the beachfront.

Great pics thanks for posting.

JanetS

Beach Comber
Sep 8, 2012
Atlanta, GA and Inlet Beach
Proud TAXPAYER and PROPERTY OWNER in Inlet Beach since 1999. If you can "guarantee" that the beach chair guys didn't put it there, show me the money.

This appears to be a sign that is removed at the end of the day. I can guarantee the beach chair guys didn't put it there. Check your facts before you place blame, Tourist.

Last edited: