• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sharkstooth

Beach Lover
May 24, 2011
Gregg was awesome!!! Was very disappointed that the "super" VIP packages were not advertised to the general public. This included a table with chairs, food and Grayton Beach Beer. I guess we are not that important enough in sowal to have the privilege of paying extra for the "super" VIP treatment. We had VIP, which I bought the day they went on sale. We got nothing but bud light/ bud/ and ultra beers. Marie's Bistro had food for sale. We also did not have bathrooms set aside for us. There was a disadvantage of having to make it all the way to the back of the lawn to use the porta potties...then try to weave our way back to the front. I was very disappointed, while watching the "super" VIPs sit at their tables drinking better beer.... Also-it did not say anywhere that they would have chairs for rent. Thanks for making me carry my heavy beach chair all the way down 30A. Nice job, not the workout I was looking for... I was under the impression that VIP would include Grayton beer and at least our own bathrooms, and free chairs. I feel that we were falsely advertised to. $125 a ticket was not worth what we got. I give Gulf Place a thumbs down on the advertising.
Gulf Place was not responsible for promoting the event, they just provided the venue. Word is original promoter was not doing a good job and was recently replaced.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I'm betting the "super VIP" spots were for some of the advertisers that spent thousands of dollars.

Derek Givans

Beach Crab
Jul 6, 2012
Freeport
www.derekgivans.com
My wife and I are super ABB and Gregg fans! We travel all over the South to see them. We have been to all 10 Wanee Festivals. Gregg's show at Gulf Place was great! HIS SHOW!!! Not the expensive beer, or over priced food, or the chairs you had to pay to rent! GREGG made it awesome!!! I am also in shock that they charged sales tax on merchandise! I have NEVER been to a concert where they charge tax on T-shirts, and I have been to 100s of shows!!!!

We paid $85 PER TICKET on March 16, the day BEFORE they went on sale to the general public. Not too long after that, ticket prices DECREASED to TWO tickets for $75!!! WTF?!?! Our tickets were advertised as a "special SOWAL LOCAL Earlybird" ticket price.

My wife has been contacting Lee Provow, who is a promotor of the show and he has been nothing but rude. Something needs to be done to fix this!

I urge y'all to email your complaints to this man....locals should not be taken advantage of!!! Lee@v-pventures.com

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
You're probably paying sales tax on merchandise at other festivals, but most retailers at shows like that work it so that the total is a flat amount instead of having to deal with coin change.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Towards the end they dropped ticket prices. Some are taking the glass half empty approach that they were gouged. Others I've spoken with are taking a half full approach that they had tickets and wouldn't have to sweat not having a spot.

SkinShark

Beach Lover
Aug 16, 2012
I think there is a more tactful way of marking down tickets. They could have done promotions through our local retailers so not to hurt anyone's feelings. When promoters do that, they are setting themselves up for backlash. The same thing happened when SEASIDE attempted the Jazz Festival with the Neville Brothers. We have not had another concert at the magnitude since then. Until now.

When teaming up with local retailers to support a event, it's a win-win for everyone.

I believe that they should have done General Admission and VIP. If you are going to call something VIP it should come with some sort of benefits. Especially since they were the first tickets to sell out and most of the VIP tickets were bought by locals. (That I could tell)...

I am also sad there was no poster to go along with the event. With as many artists as we are lucky enough to have, I would have bought a poster.

It's nice to have a local message board that has a public forum such as Sowal.com. I hope the promoters are interested in the constructive criticism. We all learn, we all get better at what we are doing. Can't wait till the next show!