• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Joby

Beach Lover
May 12, 2010
I've emailed my county commissioner. I encourage everyone to do the same.

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
We were at the beach between One Seagrove and Park Place last week. Between the dozens of blue umbrellas and loungers set up in front of One Seagrove and the dozen green umbrellas and loungers spaciously set up by Park Place, there was barely enough room for anyone else in between at the public beach access. Of course, Park Place had a huge "private beach" banner in front of their property. Interestingly enough, of the dozen green Park Place umbrellas, there was only one snooty elderly gentleman lounging. It looked ridiculous. He appeared to be bored and very isolated. He got up a few times to stretch and once walked into the water about waist high with a drink in his hand presumably to pee (Hmm....Wonder how long it'll be before the "peeing for Park Place residents only" sign appears in the surf lol)

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Personally, I wish there weren't any signs. But the county should require sign permits for beach signs which specify sign verbiage, size, and surveyed placement. The signs should be located in such a way as to let the public know where the private property ends. Please see my other post here http://www.sowal.com/bb/showthread....h-Response-from-Commissioner-Meadows?p=806502

Hell no! This only ads to the false validity that they own the beach. Most of them quitclaim deeded the beach to themselves illegally.

Porpoise

Beach Crab
Jun 3, 2014
I think it would be great if there were an ordinance banning all of these private property signs on the beach but, barring that, the next best thing would be to have some rules like the ones I've suggested. Otherwise, you have what you've got now which only the beachfront owners (and not all of them) are happy about.