• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
All lots within 300 feet of a coastal dune lake or its tributaries must obtain a clearing permit from Walton County Planning Department. This is a new requirement adopted by the BCC on May 13, 2014.
- News from Cindy Meadows Office

Please protect the lakes, wetlands, and the Gulf. If you own propery on a lake or near a lake please clear as little as possible. Consider not planting grass or anything else that needs fertilizer.

Please connect to sewer and discontinue using septic tanks. If you need financial help for this send me a private message.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I can't believe it took this long to become a reality. Thanks for posting this- every day I drive past lots that are close to the lakes and creeks that have been cleared in such irresponsible ways that they have to be damaging.

BeachRob

Beach Lover
Nov 30, 2012
In other news, the buffer distance also applies to building codes now- rendering most undeveloped property up to a football field away from the lake unusable for many applications.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
My question is will this change anything or is it just a way for the county to raise money? What are the guidelines and restrictions?

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
Coastal dune lake protection zone clearing permit

Attached is what was adopted (the parts in red). I believe that at one time clearing permits were required for all lots.

Attachments

• Lot Clearing Ordinance.pdf
    158.7 KB · Views: 736