• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

busybusy

Beach Comber
Jun 29, 2008
hello. We had an unkind encounter with an ice cream truck today. Generally we love the trucks because our grandchildren live in our Blue Mtn neighborhood and delight in the trucks. This afternoon we were driving down our road and the truck was stopped in the middle of the road serving a family. We waited. When he was done serving we kept waiting. After a period of time we determined he was standing there counting his cash box. We pulled closer to get his attention, he looked up and then kept counting his bills. Far too much time had passed to be blocking a road with a waiting car so my husband tapped the horn. The driver reluctantly stopped what he was doing, sat down, started the truck, pulled up alongside us and yelled, "relax!", in the ugliest voice. This follows another incident in a seagrove neighborhood last year where a driver was hostile and ugly to family members visiting. Who are these people? Where do we complain about the manner in which he was unnecessarily blocking a road?
thanks!

Last edited:

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
:bang:

Do you expect someone who listens to that blaring creepy music all day to be courteous?

:rotfl:

Seaducer

Banned
Jan 17, 2008
Destin
did you call the cops? FBI? FEMA? Coast Guard? DEA? ATF? Obama?

are you okay?

is there anything we as a community can do to help you recover from this unfortunate trauma?

BeachRob

Beach Lover
Nov 30, 2012
I don't trust them either. I hate the noise pollution. Plus, you know they aren't local.

Seaducer

Banned
Jan 17, 2008
Destin
pesky foreign ice cream trucks driving in from God knows where
to peddle their orange pushups and choco-tacos to our unsuspecting
kids then sneaking those millions back out of the area at night

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Anything is better than the meat truck. Anyone ever encounter that? Usually you only see that sitting around on the front stoop while you're drinking beer. (Usually). I've been stopped at a traffic light on 98 and some guy in the meat truck told me to pull over and he'd sell me some meat, at a really good price. i don't care what you say, that doesn't sound too good.

Last edited:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Yeah, that sounds bad, but when the meth truck drives by, I'm usually first in line!