• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

AURN

Beach Comber
Jul 5, 2014
We are moving to the area, and are wondering about the neighborhood of Sand Cliffs in Seacrest ( NOT the condos). We like that it is gated and no short term rentals as this will be our primary residence and we have school age children. Is this a good neighborhood?? Some of the homes appeared to be neglected while new construction is going up on other lots. Any info/opinions would be greatly appreciated as we look for a good location for our family

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
It is a good residential neighborhood. Some older homes have been neglected, perhaps due to the real estate crash. But, someone will come in and purchase the homes and bring them back to life. I, also like the idea of no short term rentals, especially after the crowds we have had this week! Nice to have a break from the havoc when you are in your home. I sell real estate if you need any help. 850-376-4660

We've only heard good things, what do we need to know?
As Franny said, the neglected homes turned me off. Also we were looking for a second home that we wouldn't rent. It's great to not have vacationers in the neighborhood, but on the other hand we think it would be difficult to sell a home in an area that doesn't allow short-term rentals. For example, we considered buying a lot in Heritage Dunes on Eastern Lake Road. It doesn't allow rentals. The last time I drove by there (last summer), there were only two houses built on about 30 lots. So we were afraid to buy there in case for some reason we needed or wanted to sell.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Being able to sell in a non rental neighborhood won't be a problem in the coming years. Those areas will be very sought after to avoid the glut of tourists that come down every year.

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
We've only heard good things, what do we need to know?

You should check rankings of the high school. South Walton High not very good. Even teachers we know who work in the district find ways not to send their kids there. I even know one who moved to Freeport to avoid South Walton. Elementary through middle school are OK though.

http://www.usnews.com/education/bes...school-district/south-walton-high-school-5657

Then look at Niceville across the bay:

http://www.usnews.com/education/bes...ol-district/niceville-senior-high-school-5282

Then again, I don't know where you are moving from. We moved here from a place with schools that were nationally recognized as exceptional.