• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bluecat

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2007
kentucky
Funny, we love to come to Grayton because we think it isn't over developed like Destin and Panama City Beach have been, yet the locals see it as too much development. From the webcam looks like everyone is enjoying this final weekend of summer. Hope all the businesses have recouped some of what has been lost over this season.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
I knew I remembered a place like that. Couldn't figure out what happened to it.

Other searches came up with a story about the life of one of the people who made Patrone special.

Helene Chemaly Erickson

Ellen

Last edited by a moderator:

Aleigh

Beach Lover
Ohhhh my gosh... amazing. I wish to see photos of Patrone's with the Peacocks??? Anybody???

docloch

Beach Crab
Feb 5, 2013
Madison Wisconsin
Sitting in a rented beach house in Grayton, I googled "Gene Florence - Patrones" and found my way to this forum. We stumbled upon that magical place in 1994. Our kids were 15, 12 and 7. They ate pizza in the room while gene and BJ welcomed us to a crawdad boil with Denise and a hodgepodge of locals. There was a guy named Miles who was traveling the coast of Florida looking for a place to retire. He found Patrones and just stayed. Frank was a recently retired Firefighter from Connecticut, who also showed no inclination to leave.

I remember the pig trying to eat the baby goats, but they were much too fast to be caught. By the next day, they were standing on its back. We returned again in 1996...wonderful memories...wonderful people....I will try to find photos when I return home to Wisconsin...

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
In addition to the huge pig and the peacocks, I remember there always seemed to be a bunny rabbit or two that just wandered around the grounds. Grayt memories.

Beachberbs

Beach Lover
May 24, 2008
Miss Patrones to this very day. We used to rent boats there. Had so much fun. So may good memories. We still talk about all the good times we had.