• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seabythegrove

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2012
It’s called capitalism - supply and demand. If you don't like the "South Beach" look, don't patronize the businesses. Can't really blame George and company...
As previously stated, at least it's not 20 stories!

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I've known the guys that started the Viridian for over twenty years. What they have started is undoubtably an asset to the community. My memories of the Seagrove Village Market
date back to 1959. It will be really sad, but we have to embrace the amazing future of Seagrove.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Anybody out there have any statistics in how many weeks we are at 100% capacity per a year. We are not in a shortage for hotel rooms. With more rooms we bring more traffic, which we are already having a issue with. The difference is a private company comes and and builds, then the tax payers have to pay for the streets etc. As a taxpayer I am not happy paying for anymore road explanation or parking lots. It's fine the way it is. Leave it alone. Supply and Demand::the amount of a commodity, product, or service available and the desire of buyers for it, considered as factors regulating its price. We are turning into PCB.

Google "impact fees".

SkinShark

Beach Lover
Aug 16, 2012
I get the whole impact fees. I don't get that our roads will be more dangerous for walkers and bicyclers.

I also get that it was sold. I think our local govnt is not protecting what this town was built on. I think it's sad that we are selling the buildings that are considered "historic". We are counting on the beach and our awesome food for tourism, but we are losing our history. That is sad. It's our heritage. We need to stand up for it.

Seagrovestateofmind

Beach Lover
Mar 9, 2012
Hoover AL and Seagrove Fl
This makes me so sad. I wonder where or if the business will move. I am also trying to figure out where they plan to park everyone for the hotel.