• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
It's almost a daily thing, living and working here in South Walton. Where to eat lunch along Scenic 30A and sometimes beyond. Whether it's business, or with family, or meeting your friends, and even picking up a bite to go. Where do you LOVE to go and why?

Here are a few of my go to places around town when heading out to LUNCH.

1. Bud & Alleys
This is our special lunch spot on the rooftop deck with the best gulf front dining view in town. The lunch menu is wonderful, starting off with tuna tip app. I usually have to order the paneed chicken and mashed potatoes. The club looks wonderful and I'm ordering that next.

2. Marie's Bistro
Some of us want sushi and some of us want burgers or sandwiches, or even pho. Marie's in Blue Mountain Beach can satisfy everyone, and it's become like "going home" for lunch. Hanie and Marie take great care of everyone. I really love the angus cheese burger and fries. The grouper sandwich is excellent. Great food and at a good price.

3. Pickle's
Sometimes we just want a good burger and great fries (GREAT fries). If you have't tried the new, revamped fresh, homemade menu, then you're missing out. pricey, yes.. and oh so good. When it's not too crazy crowded, we like to head over to indulge here.

4. South of Philly
Jeremy just moved his place from Seagrove Plaza to the little plaza just north of Gulf Place (formerly Enzo's). He's serving up lunch and dinner daily. I'm so in love with the philly cheese (served with outstanding french fries, btw... very important) that I am missing out on the other great things on the menu like gyros, burgers and shrimp tacos. This is an affordable, family friendly place! A real hit with locals, it's delicious and affordable AND not in the middle of crowded sections of town.

5. Great Southern Cafe
Southern cuisine & comfort food at its best. The fries are not on my good list, but that's ok. I have no need whatsoever for fries here. Bring me the OMG to die for gouda grits. The only thing I have trouble with is choosing from all the possibilities. Sometimes its a special such as meatloaf with mashed potatoes and green beans and I just go with it. This is South Walton's southern diner. Be ready for a nap when you're done.

So many more great options in this town. Next week, my list could look altogether different... Chanticleer, Local Catch, JC Seafood, Whiskey Bravo, Pizza Bar... it's almost never ending.

What are your go to LUNCH spots?

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
Hard to beat Bruno's Pizza buffet...

Seagrove Market

723 Whiskey Bravo

JC Seafood

La Cocina

The Bay

Seacrest Sundries

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
You all forgot one. The Bowery has great lunches and their fish and chips is the best I've had in the area.

Last edited:

DCollins

Beach Lover
Dec 1, 2010
Georgia
How is flip flops/the perfect pig?

Some of my fav spots are crabby steves, cowgirl, red bar, hurricane oyster bar, great southern, and of course Village Mkt.

Lots of places I want to try!