• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachRob

Beach Lover
Nov 30, 2012
Middle Right logo... Coincidence? I think not.

Like it. Voted for it.

seaside-streetmap.gif

Last edited:

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
Top left, we wasted a truckload of money to wind up where we were.

Apparently the man wielding the broom won't stop until everything is swept out the door no matter the cost.

I vote to spend the money on beach accesses, trash pickup, bike path maintenance, and conservation. Changing the logo again makes a clear case that bed tax is too high.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I still like the logo with the 3 umbrellas. Although I like some of the other fonts a bit better for stationery, I think the block type font is best for visibility and easy-to-read on signs, mugs, etc., and lends an informality (not uppityness) to the logo. The simple font emphasizes the laid back culture of the area, which I like very much. I also think the 3 umbrellas would make nice posters and other accessories to put inside rentals to help "brand" the area. I really liked the discussion on this thread. And, I just voted...

seal

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2006
Top left with the red and white umbrellas.

Imagine how much better that logo will look on a white background on the Sandestin water tower. Right now, it's that aqua cursive logo on a vomit colored background. Am I right?

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Top left with the red and white umbrellas.

Imagine how much better that logo will look on a white background on the Sandestin water tower. Right now, it's that aqua cursive logo on a vomit colored background. Am I right?

What's nice about the umbrellas is that the picture itself can stand alone and say "South Walton" even without words. I think the cursive looks good, but it just isn't that legible, especially from a distance. So, I'm going for the block letters.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
The bottom right logo was selected. It is supposed to be a dune and a wave. I will say the same thing as last time branding/logo was selected - that "beach" or "beaches" should be in the brand.

swf-logo.jpg

Not to mention that Ocean Reef Resorts owns SouthWaltonFlorida.com - I wonder if the TDC has bought it yet or will another person swoop in and swipe it from them? Ocean Reef is probably smart enough to keep it but the domain doesn't even point to their site at present.

Our brand should be "South Walton Beaches" or "South Walton Beach" if that will be the eventual name of the city south of the bay.

Changing out logos is going to be a very expensive undertaking. This along with the new $250k (estimated) website will make some folks happy that money is not being spent directly on advertising for more visitors. An excellent website is necessary but all the TDC needs is one with basic info with great photos, and a simple social media strategy. It is better left to private entities like the major bed tax collectors and web entrepreneurs like this site.

TDC money should be spent on preserving what we have and a good infrastructure.

Last edited by a moderator:

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012
I don't think anyone was happy with the logo as presented at the BCC Meeting last night... Even the ones who voted for it. Also, everyone talks about preserving the quality of life that SoWal is rapidly losing and then all the TDC Bagby guy could talk about was building more "commuter"parking lots north of 30-A to "bus" in more tourists to the grossly overcrowded beaches. He was real proud about the huge increase of tourists to the beaches this year. I guess his incentive plan is based on that. You can't convince me that the TDC gives a damn about the quality of life in SoWal.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
I'm leaning toward the one on the upper left with the umbrellas. Any thoughts about why one is preferred over the other? I like the umbrellas because they say "beach" to me and I believe that's what the logo used to be (so it's what I'm used to). I like some of the other fonts better, though. Thoughts and preferences? I think it's helpful to hear other opinions before voting.
if you use the umbrella one,need to add a knife. Seems to be beach theme this year..good news hopefully major umbrella vendor rules coming soon to Sowal