• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Let me say this as simply and succinctly as I can. If a voter cannot discern the difference in how a school district functions with an ELECTED superintendent vs. a HIRED superintendent, responsible to the school board and public, then maybe they shouldn't be voting. I apologize for saying anyone should not vote. It was a thoughtless sentence on my part. I will say that only those here legally and citizens of the United States and can prove it, should be allowed to vote.

Changing from an elected Superintendent to a hired Superintendent is a no brainer. Look around at some of the people who are openly opposing the change, enough said.

Some of those opposing the change aren't even eligible to vote due to past felonies or their unwillingness to become US citizens.

JoeWormwood

Beach Lover
Oct 9, 2008
Let me say this as simply and succinctly as I can. If a voter cannot discern the difference in how a school district functions with an ELECTED superintendent vs. a HIRED superintendent, responsible to the school board and public, then maybe they shouldn't be voting. I apologize for saying anyone should not vote. It was a thoughtless sentence on my part. I will say that only those here legally and citizens of the United States and can prove it, should be allowed to vote.

Thank you for your advice. I was most certainly going to vote YES, but now I realize I should not be voting at all and I will not. Thank you again for your words of wisdom!

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
May I suggest you re-read my post. I said I was wrong about not voting. But then, I think you have your troll boots on which most will readily recognize.

JoeWormwood

Beach Lover
Oct 9, 2008
May I suggest you re-read my post. I said I was wrong about not voting. But then, I think you have your troll boots on which most will readily recognize.

You said it brotha, and then you backpeddle. In the words of my omniscient yet toothless father "a mans first answer is his true thoughts". All lurkers and guests can see through your ruse.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Chinese looking NO Sign inspiration

I think I'll get me some Cecilia Stir Fry and an order of General Jerry's Chicken.

I love Chinese. I'm going to open The "Yes, No, Yes No. 1" in SRB (out of my house, don't tell...). I don't need to register with the County, so don't ask what type of meat I'll serve. Going to do carry out. Neighbors will love it!!!

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I realize everyone one has an opinion here and I am fine with that, but some things have been said on this board that concerns me. One individual has said people should not be able to vote and then in a next sentence apologizes for it. If you are not sure how to edit a post I would suggest you learn cause that post was kind of stupid. Another individual said there was folks who are opposing this referendum that can't vote because they are convicted felons or aren't citizens. Might I suggest you back it up because. I went out today and put a few signs out and noticed only a few signs that had been pulled, Commissioner Pridgen, Board Member Roberts and Candidate Sandy Jack Brown. I would have put them up but there are some issues associated with that but also someone had taken the frames. Then there is the yellow and red Referendum signs, I did not find any look a like signs so I will assume that was a joke. Now the real reason I wanted to post on this subject, I am a little disappointed that it seems that the pro referendum folks have gone negative and I have not heard anything from the vote no crowd. I even saw Andy post "If a voter cannot discern the difference in how a school district functions with an ELECTED superintendent vs. a HIRED superintendent, responsible to the school board and public, then maybe they shouldn't be voting." In fairness only with the arguements presented here and the premise that a vast majority of Districts appoint, how does that help. Personally I support the change but that was not always the case. I would suggest you get some of your advocates to quit calling the voters stupid, criminals and resident aliens because it appears your group is concerned and have gone negative.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I realize everyone one has an opinion here and I am fine with that, but some things have been said on this board that concerns me. One individual has said people should not be able to vote and then in a next sentence apologizes for it. If you are not sure how to edit a post I would suggest you learn cause that post was kind of stupid. Another individual said there was folks who are opposing this referendum that can't vote because they are convicted felons or aren't citizens. Might I suggest you back it up because. I went out today and put a few signs out and noticed only a few signs that had been pulled, Commissioner Pridgen, Board Member Roberts and Candidate Sandy Jack Brown. I would have put them up but there are some issues associated with that but also someone had taken the frames. Then there is the yellow and red Referendum signs, I did not find any look a like signs so I will assume that was a joke. Now the real reason I wanted to post on this subject, I am a little disappointed that it seems that the pro referendum folks have gone negative and I have not heard anything from the vote no crowd. I even saw Andy post "If a voter cannot discern the difference in how a school district functions with an ELECTED superintendent vs. a HIRED superintendent, responsible to the school board and public, then maybe they shouldn't be voting." In fairness only with the arguements presented here and the premise that a vast majority of Districts appoint, how does that help. Personally I support the change but that was not always the case. I would suggest you get some of your advocates to quit calling the voters stupid, criminals and resident aliens because it appears your group is concerned and have gone negative.

I hope to see you at the forum this evening Mr. Wells. Lots of information and no mud slinging. At least from the 'yes' side:wave:

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I hope to see you at the forum this evening Mr. Wells. Lots of information and no mud slinging. At least from the 'yes' side:wave:

Do you mean this one as posted on the County Web Site. Question who showed up last night?
[h=3]PUBLIC NOTICE: North Walton Republican Club Candidate Forum[/h]Please be advised that the North Walton Republican Club will hold a Candidate Forum on Wednesday, August 5, 2014 at 5:00 PM at the DeFuniak Springs Community Center located at 361 North 10th Street in DeFuniak Springs, FL.
Two or more Walton County Commissioners may attend.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Bob Wells, I wrote something I realized was in error and then immediately corrected it in the next sentence. I am sorry that does not meet your editing technique but I further clarified the statement by saying all those legally allowed to vote should do so. I am sorry my methodology does not come up to your standards but such is life. Vote YES on August 26th!