• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JoeWormwood

Beach Lover
Oct 9, 2008
I realize everyone one has an opinion here and I am fine with that, but some things have been said on this board that concerns me. One individual has said people should not be able to vote and then in a next sentence apologizes for it. If you are not sure how to edit a post I would suggest you learn cause that post was kind of stupid. Another individual said there was folks who are opposing this referendum that can't vote because they are convicted felons or aren't citizens. Might I suggest you back it up because. I went out today and put a few signs out and noticed only a few signs that had been pulled, Commissioner Pridgen, Board Member Roberts and Candidate Sandy Jack Brown. I would have put them up but there are some issues associated with that but also someone had taken the frames. Then there is the yellow and red Referendum signs, I did not find any look a like signs so I will assume that was a joke. Now the real reason I wanted to post on this subject, I am a little disappointed that it seems that the pro referendum folks have gone negative and I have not heard anything from the vote no crowd. I even saw Andy post "If a voter cannot discern the difference in how a school district functions with an ELECTED superintendent vs. a HIRED superintendent, responsible to the school board and public, then maybe they shouldn't be voting." In fairness only with the arguements presented here and the premise that a vast majority of Districts appoint, how does that help. Personally I support the change but that was not always the case. I would suggest you get some of your advocates to quit calling the voters stupid, criminals and resident aliens because it appears your group is concerned and have gone negative.

Yes Bob. Andy made me realize how stupid I am. That is why I wil not vote. My non-citizen convicted felon status has nothing to do with it. Huriculeez could not get me to vote, even if he was hugh.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Yes Bob. Andy made me realize how stupid I am. That is why I wil not vote. My non-citizen convicted felon status has nothing to do with it. Huriculeez could not get me to vote, even if he was hugh.
You were not my focus when I wrote that although I did read your comments.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Bob - were you in the Northern part of the County ? I understand that new sign is not in the South at this time.

I also find it interesting that you couldn't find any missing "Yes" signs. How did you know where they were.

If you're implying that some signs haven't gone MIA I can assure you that they have.

With all the "new posters" in the last few days I'm wondering who they are representing.

Please show me an example of something negative by the "WINGS" group or its associated members.

I find this one on Facebook rather interesting:

I just spoke with a friend who went to the Lincoln Dinner Monday night. At his table were THREE LAWYERS from Birmingham down here to promote vote YES! We do not need lawyers from Birmingham telling us how to vote on a local issue. There is some big money promoting this.And you have to ask WHY???I just spoke with a friend who went to the Lincoln Dinner Monday night. At his table were THREE LAWYERS from Birmingham down here to promote vote YES! We do not need lawyers from Birmingham telling us how to vote on a local issue. There is some big money promoting this.And you have to ask WHY???

Who were they ? Where is the big money ? I hate posters that hide behind their screen name. They are allowed to do that but I normally ignore.

And this response to the Site post.

Dewyne DouglassThey want, NO ONE on the YES side say WHY are give any REASON because they DO NOT HAVE A REASON that makes common cents

Last edited:

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
NW Florida Daily News Letter to the Editor

A NEW PROCESS

I strongly support the School Board referendum to change the process of selecting Walton County’s superintendent of schools, and I will be voting yes on Aug. 26. In 99 percent of school districts across America, the superintendent of schools is a professional position. Elected school boards hire superintendents after community hearings, held in the sunshine, and after exhaustive evaluations of the applicants’ qualifications and track records of success.

This process is not perfect, but it actually gives the community more of an opportunity to ask meaningful questions of applicants — and get answers — without the caution and maneuvering of a political campaign clouding and oversimplifying an important discussion about the future of our schools and students. As our current superintendent completes her term, I believe that this process is the best way for Walton County to continue the success in our schools. Other teachers agree, which is why the Walton County Education Association, which represents our teachers, has officially endorsed this referendum.

With a school district responsible for educating more than 8,000 of our children, we need to apply the same standards and the same reasoning to the selection of superintendent of schools as teachers do in their classrooms and as employers do in their workplaces.

I encourage you to vote yes on the School Board referendum on Aug. 26. — TRACY NICK Freeport

Last edited:

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Fair enough. I was not in the north end I was in the south end. I was particularly looking for signs that were tossed along highway 98 as if someone pulled them. I surely hope you were not implying that I was appropriating signs. As for what I perceived to be negative I look up and down this board and see comments. Unlike some my mind has not wavered how I will vote but thought I should share what I see from this board. Honestly the letter from Mr Mcquinston after rereading I can see how it be interpreted as negative. But hey I just speak my opinion based on how I interpret what is said. Either way the voters get to decide. As for me I will vote yes. I gave up screen names along time ago.

Last edited:

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Mr Donnie Richardson made a compelling argument. Not enough to change my mind.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Good he deserves it. County Attorney and School Board sounds like a conflict. Always has....