• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Here's a handy tip - if you are playing then click "thread tools" at the top of this thread and then click "subscribe to this thread". You can then select notifications by instant email or daily email.

Choosing "daily email" will serve as a daily reminder in your inbox to make your picks.

ameliaj

Beach Fanatic
Jun 19, 2007
SoSpal (figure it out)/Seacrest
I'm in!!! My child has finished high school. So i'm not going to competition cheer/hs/ football games/swim meets/track meets so maybe I can pay attention and be competitive this year. Iris, bring it on!

Bac

Beach Lover
Jan 30, 2013
Ok college football fans, it's almost that time of year again. Some have already asked if there is going to be a pick'em again this year. Comment here if you plan on playing this year. All are welcome to play. This is my 2nd year of being moderator over the pick'em, along with help from BR, whose husband will pick games for us again this year. Thanks to both of you. Here are the rules for this years pick'em, these are the same as last year with one addition.

1. The games for each week's SoWal Pick'em will be posted on or before Monday evenings.
2. The deadline for making your pick any

Hagame is 9 AM Central Time on date of that
3. Anyone who misses the deadline (as defined in #2 above) will forfeit all games not picked for that date.
4. Any changes after a pick is made must appear in a new post, not in an edited prior post, and by 9 AM Central Time for the date of the game for which your pick is changed. Failure to do this will result in your change being invalid.
5. For some games that are of great interest, but in which one team has a lopsided advantage, points may be added to the underdog's score by the person choosing the slate of games each week.
6. Each correct pick earns one point.
7. The winner of the SoWal Pick'em will be the person who has the most points, not the highest percentage of correct picks.
8. Bonus questions may be included later in the season in case a tie-breaker is needed. The points from these questions will not be added to a picker's total points for the season.
9. Leaders for each week, for the regular season, and for the bowl games will be recognized. However, the winner of the SoWal Pick'em will be the person with the most wins for the season, including bowl games.

Happy picking!

Lady D
Bac is Bac(k) and ready with a case of whoop-a** for this year's pick'em

My man Braxton is down for the count, and surely wishing he had " declared" a few short months ago, so while he's chilling out looks like I'll have to focus on the other 120 D1'ers after all...

New twist to the Bacx' ter, and that is while still living the hi-life on 30A I also have an apt in Sin City, so let the games begin.

Have isolated a bevy of sharpies here on the Strip, ranging from a couple of spinsters driving Bentleys, to a reality show husband and wife team who claim they make more off NCAAFB betting than ' flipping Vegas ' houses, to a whole bunch of Boyz from the hood who switch from the ponies to the pigskin arena the moment of the first kickoff...

Too many others to mention, but you know it's all about the cash money here so expect a few Cabbies " insider tips" as well

And while I can't name him, the man known simply as ' fast Freddy' is living large under the watchful eye of the Witness Protection Program and has promised to offer up a game each week that The Vegas " money players" are moving the steam on each week.

Finally, for you real football junkies, expect plenty of commentary from the men and women that move the lines from all over the globe.

Let's do this thing.

Bac

Bac

Beach Lover
Jan 30, 2013
PS

In the neighborhood for the long weekend, so anyone wants to meet at Slim Shady's, Rooftop AeroPostale Bistro, Bud's and Suds, or the Red Red Robin Bar in Grayton for a few cold ones, please let me know!

Bac
850-687-3128