• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Superintendent Selection Process Comparison

Elected

1. I'm a 5th generation Walton family member
2. I love Walton County
3. I understand Walton County Values
4. I'm not supported by 3 attorneys from Birmingham
5 I was employee of the month at Burger King

Appointed/Hired

1. I successfully raised the graduation rate by 10% in 4 years
2. I served as the Supt in Xxxx for 6 years
3. I have a MBA and a Masters Degree in School Administration
4. I have a track record of uniting parents, teachers and the Community in Support of Public Education
5. I understand my Role of implementing the goals for educating our children set by parents, teachers and the School Board.

You choose !

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
I have a very good friend who is a former teacher in Walton County. She loves teaching but can't seem to get another teaching job. She also has a masters degree but she's an older lady. She tells me that she isn't voting at all because she doesn't care any more.

DaleDalbey

Beach Fanatic
Nov 1, 2011
I have a very good friend who is a former teacher in Walton County. She loves teaching but can't seem to get another teaching job. She also has a masters degree but she's an older lady. She tells me that she isn't voting at all because she doesn't care any more.

I am sorry she doesn't care anymore. She must not have kids or grand kids in Walton County schools. Whatever her professional or personal journey, I pity her and hope she sees that she can be part of the difference.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
The mere fact that new teachers are hired and those with experience and higher degrees are let go, is a travesty in its self. To change that function the system needs to change. It is my furvent hope the teacher, so qualified, will change her mind about voting and help us make the needed change.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Andy, Unfortunately the teacher situation is not unique to Walton County- it is happening all over the country. :sosad:

Independent Thinker

Beach Lover
Aug 21, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach
There needs to be a major shake up in the District Office. At a time when the schools and teachers are forced to try and do more with less, the district office never seems to make any sacrifices or layoffs. It's time to put the political good ole boy network out of business. If you haven't already done so, please vote yes on the school referendum.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I just saw a great quote on FB- someone said it's time to vote out the politics of the past in Walton County.

Boy is it ever!!

weeniedawg

Banned
Dec 18, 2010
Bruce
Gee, it seems like only yesterday that many of those supporting this effort thought that Carlene Anderson and her regime was the wonder of the ages. The fact that many now recognize that the dirty politics of Walton county is the problem is progress.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Gee, if I remember correctly there wasn't much choice of candidates with qualifications that I could vote for....and the same scenario will happen over and over.

Precisely the reason to vote YES.

And don't worry- if the referendum does not pass, you can be very sure that a basic list of qualifications, based on education and experience, will be drawn up, and every candidate will be publicly scrutinized. Very publicly.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Shocked more candidates aren't here. I have seen a total of 6 candidates at the methodist church polling station. Not even representatives here. Guess they are waiting for the 5,pm rush. Edit: Cecilia Jones or a rep has been here all day

Last edited: