• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Wow ! Surprise Surprise Surprise !

Trisha Porter Johnson has pre filed as a Candidate for Walton County School Superintendent in the 2016 election.

She's the daughter of Gordon Porter who was a major player in the "don't lose you right to vote" -- Vote No campaign.

Who would have guessed ?

Seaducer

Banned
Jan 17, 2008
Destin

Trisha Porter Johnson has pre filed as a Candidate for Walton County School Superintendent in the 2016 election.

She's the daughter of Gordon Porter who was a major player in the "don't lose you right to vote" -- Vote No campaign.

Who would have guessed ?

you could try to find a set and run against her and then your opinions might mean
more than squat...or you could be an old whiny woman online all day instead.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011

Who would have guessed ?

jdarg, This should be a real treat! You are fixing to see how the "good ole boys" really do things "round here".

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
She certainly doesn't have any extraordinary credentials unless being a member of the Tea Party group on FB and also a representative of the WCEA at the same time counts for something. Perhaps that's one reason the teachers don't have a strong advocate. That being said, I voted for her in the primary last time around but I voted for the Democrat in the general election.

nbinnings

Beach Comber
Jul 21, 2013
Grayton Beach
Regardless of who runs, they need to be well prepared for the large group of South Walton parents that are forming to put A LOT of money behind whom ever they feel is the best candidate. As a parent of kids in the system, our voice will be heard loud and clear come this vote.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Regardless of who runs, they need to be well prepared for the large group of South Walton parents that are forming to put A LOT of money behind whom ever they feel is the best candidate. As a parent of kids in the system, our voice will be heard loud and clear come this vote.

I didn't vote for her last time because of her lack of qualifications. She was a non-candidate in my book. And I knew her run was a certainty, judging by the completely negative campaigning (with little content based on fact) put out by both her parents. My kids are great too, and I hope I can be honest with them if they go for something really big that they are not qualified or suited for---

Stay tuned for the list of qualifications we will be putting together, based on other districts who hire a superintendent. This should be interesting.

I do hope there is a qualified candidate worthy of this important job. :sosad:. I hate having to constantly pick the "best of the worst" around here.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
1. What financial experience does she have running the day to day operation of a company with a budget of more than 100 million dollars ?

2. What management experience does she have leading a workforce of more than 1000 employees ?

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
1. What financial experience does she have running the day to day operation of a company with a budget of more than 100 million dollars ? 2. What management experience does she have leading a workforce of more than 1000 employees ?

That's a good start.

Independent Thinker

Beach Lover
Aug 21, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach
Since the referendum to change to an appointed Superintendent failed, we are back to square one. The only requirements are a high school diploma, and residence in Walton county. No experience of any kind required, just the money and backing of the good ole boy network. It's still just a popularity contest in a county where the majority of citizens don't seem to be real bright.