• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Most people do not want to return to 50 years ago. But they want to enjoy what they work for with minimal intrusion from government and they want their children to have better opportunities than they had. However, most would also like to preserve the best of the past so their children can enjoy those things as well. The sad thing about politics is that so many people have given up. They do not think their vote matters so they do not participate. We have to reengage people if we are ever going to make real improvements in our government. I don't have an answer, but if someone does I wish they would share it with the rest of us.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
Those who are well funded always win in Walton County. Just ask Ms. Jones, Mr. Eddins, and Catalano. I hope you know folks who are willing to run with deeper pockets than Jay Odom.

Well funded means contributions from M.C. Davis and Jay Odom.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Check out the financial reports for the opposition to the referendum, it's practically an endorsement of a better education system. Campaign financial reports are not that difficult and the system is designed to be idiot proof. Go figure.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
While it may take financing to run a campaign, I don't buy the fact that it "buys" the position. Voter turnout is not determined by finances. A 23% vote turnout has nothing to do with the amount of money spent by a candidate and every thing to do with voter apathy.

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
While it may take financing to run a campaign, I don't buy the fact that it "buys" the position. Voter turnout is not determined by finances. A 23% vote turnout has nothing to do with the amount of money spent by a candidate and every thing to do with voter apathy.

Then why did a certain local developer (not Odom or Davis) look like he had just bought a shiny new cadillac the day after the election? He was very proud to have gotten Jones elected and expressed it.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
If he bought the Cadillac for himself...who cares? If he bought the Cadillac for Jones that would be an interesting twist to an already shady individual.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro

It's merely a coincidence that when the county "must" buy land or whatever they always seem to do 'bidness' with the people who finance the campaigns of elected officials.