• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I like it!

But, if we are seriously trying to design a restaurant, how about this idea, which came to me in a dream:

I call it "842". It is a bar, with live music, mostly blues, and a restaurant. You pay a cover charge of $8.42 and then all your entrees are $8.42 (five steady entrees, just like Red Bar), and all your drinks are (you guessed it) $8.42. I have no idea if this is practical; I just liked the idea.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Are you channeling Herman Cain? I always wondered if the gas station across from Walmart was originally a Herman Cain venture. It had gas priced at 9.99 for months before opening.

kwalsh0001

Beach Lover
Jul 26, 2006
SRB
Thai, or Asian, with emphasis on seafood entrees..... oohhh, yeah.....!!

Please don't use the "F" word, and call it Asian Fusion...... that typically raises the price of the entrée by 40%, or so.....

Seems as though there should be pretty good "margin" in offering Thai, even at a reasonable (non-tourist) price!

venus968

Beach Comber
Feb 12, 2013
Landlord is an arrogant jerk and lives in Watercolor. He could care less if a business goes under. Shame!

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Landlord is an arrogant jerk and lives in Watercolor. He could care less if a business goes under. Shame!
Then maybe it will sit empty for a few years, let roaches grow and multiply, maybe t,hen he will Mellow....just saying...

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I've eaten there, and stand by what I said. The people are nice and the food is solid enough, but the atmosphere isn't great.

Going to a BBQ place for the atmosphere is liking going to a fine dining restaurant and asking for ketchup and ranch.

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
Going to a BBQ place for the atmosphere is liking going to a fine dining restaurant and asking for ketchup and ranch.

The problem is 10k a month on rent, nothing will make it unless it is a chef with a name. They would need to be 6k a month plus a percentage of the profit in order for it to make sense. Ethnic would be hard to do, although I am in the Asian and Burger businesseses. Asian wouldnt have a consistent draw and Burgers are over done. Honestly, I think a bad ass sportsbar with a bit of a twist might have a chance. I like steel's lounge idea, sports, music, simple quality food with some funky ethnic specials. Saturday tailgate's, Sunday bloody bar, bucket specials, daily specials, and a locals only lounge.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I was told that the 10K rent number being thrown around on this thread is not accurate. The rent is closer to $6500.