• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

geezer392002

Beach Comber
Feb 9, 2010
Hey Chicagosanfran,
Thanks for your comments and recommendations, it's good to hear that overall you are pleased.
I know when we first visited the area in 2009 Camp Creek golf was private, then during the recession they opened
up for public play, now they are private again. I guess St Joe offer incentives based on market forces and
the free beach club access is one worth considering right now. I understand how it would be frustrating to see
the memberships offered for free after you purchased your home though.

mbo222

Beach Comber
Oct 23, 2009
We have a home in WS West. Absolutely wonderful location and has beach access. JOE is a mixed bag. On one hand, the properties are beautiful, and in general property managment has been responsive and effective. On the other hand there is always some JOE meddling with lots, builders, and beach club which gets quite tiresome. One of our biggest complaints is the lack of diverisity of homes in their packages. The package builders were able to simply cookie cutter most of the homes in WSWB. This was finally recognized by JOE and new styles were mandated. This probably happened because now the lots are scarce and the "deal packages" are gone. We really like North and Origins in general. However, unless JOE allowed custom design/building we wouldn't do it. Very hard to ever resell a home when it looks like all its neighbors. But if future sale is not an issue and you have to go with a package design builder, Regal (and maybe Huff) would be our choice. If Beach Club is free...take it! We paid $20k years ago...Obviously we are not happy about it, but it is what it is. Just wait another year. JOE will change the Beach Club rules again....

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
Hey Chicagosanfran,
Thanks for your comments and recommendations, it's good to hear that overall you are pleased.
I know when we first visited the area in 2009 Camp Creek golf was private, then during the recession they opened
up for public play, now they are private again. I guess St Joe offer incentives based on market forces and
the free beach club access is one worth considering right now. I understand how it would be frustrating to see
the memberships offered for free after you purchased your home though.

I like Origins a lot. We looked at West Beach and have friends there who are on home number 2 so Joe is doing something right. I think their rental business and access to the amenities is the biggest wild card. We got an amazing cash deal in the cottages at eastern lake so we are just behind the development. Call my wife Marilyn at Rosemary Beach Realty. They have a staff attorney you can consult with, they do many deals with Joe and have two people in the office that live or are building in Origins. They have good insight. Mcarson@rosemarybeachrealty.com 832 274 3800.

ecopal

Beach Fanatic
Apr 26, 2005
The cost for a "beach cottage" now is running from half a million dollars and up.

Most people in that price range are going to be turned off by "cookie cutter assembly line built" homes-whether built in a factory or in a "Levitt type mass-production" development package deal.