• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
What would you expect? Huckabee and company are pals with Sheriff Buford T. Justice and other Walton County politicians. He obviously is also friends with Jay Odom who was nailed because of a political contribution to Mikey.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
To say the article is biased would be a vast understatement.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
I agree. Huckabee, being an ordained man who prays at the alter of money and power, it did appear they were treating him with kid gloves.

We and our neighbors fought a high-density development planned next to our subdivision. The proposed development went south of of the C.C.C.L. After attending many Planning Commission and B.C.C. meetings, we won. Hubby and I tried to stop the construction of a beach-front lot in our neighborhood that was also planned to be south of the C.C.C.L. We had ongoing conversations with the D.E.P. This time the neighbors didn't help us because they didn't want to start out with an antagonistic relationship with new neighbors. We lost that one.

The article is sad. Laws that are not enforced are a joke, a bad joke.

DaleDalbey

Beach Fanatic
Nov 1, 2011
Not agreeing with the walkover on the Western end, but would argue that limiting these sort of shenanigans is at least as important as the walkover issue. I would be in favor of access and transport solutions that make being directly on the beach not as important financially for owners or as sought after by visitors

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
We and our neighbors fought a high-density development planned next to our subdivision. The proposed development went south of of the C.C.C.L. After attending many Planning Commission and B.C.C. meetings, we won. Hubby and I tried to stop the construction of a beach-front lot in our neighborhood that was also planned to be south of the C.C.C.L. We had ongoing conversations with the D.E.P. This time the neighbors didn't help us because they didn't want to start out with an antagonistic relationship with new neighbors. We lost that one.

The article is sad. Laws that are not enforced are a joke, a bad joke.

If you give enough money to the right politicians you can get laws enforced and get things done that are against the law.