• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
And just think, it was only a few years ago when some of the geniuses in Walton County were slobbering all over Carlene Anderson, praising her for doing such a wonderful job with our schools.
Apparently most voters like this chain of command and are more than content to have a female dictater at the wheel.

Too many family connections in the system to mess it up now.

Candy for fools.

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
Who ultimately accepted responsibility for the druggie teacher, the appointing of an unqualified finance director and a host of other screw ups?

DaleDalbey

Beach Fanatic
Nov 1, 2011
Apparently most voters like this chain of command and are more than content to have a female dictater at the wheel. Too many family connections in the system to mess it up now. Candy for fools.

John,
The only exception I take with your post is including the adjective "female " in front of the word dictator. Her gender is not the issue. I would argue she was more "male fortitude" than a stallion put out for stud.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
John,
The only exception I take with your post is including the adjective "female " in front of the word dictator. Her gender is not the issue. I would argue she was more "male fortitude" than a stallion put out for stud.

Point Taken. Poor wording on my part. Sorry.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Could someone articulate a parent's role in educating their children?

I think every family views it differently.

For our family, it means being involved at our kids' schools - not only to help the schools, but for our kids to see that we take their education seriously and they are important enough to put in the time with them.

It also depends on the school/school system.

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
A parents role in educating their children should be as the prime provider. From the moment your child becomes aware of the world around them, you should start teaching them. That doesn't end when they get on the school bus.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
Could someone articulate a parent's role in educating their children?

In our family education begins in the home and what children learn at home should supplement and enhance what children learn in the schools. It's always been important for us to support our kids' activities such as sports, band, etc. as well as to monitor children's progress. We've always felt it was important to keep a line of communication open with teachers but we don't believe parents should butt in on teachers doing their jobs.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Now a days, School is more of a day care while parents work.

Kids need to learn, not be baby sat.