• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mello Yolo

Beach Comber
Jul 31, 2012
I have some friends looking at real estate (lots, as well as houses) along Ridge Road and Fairway Drive, in an area called Santa Rosa Ridge, off of 393. I'm not familiar with this area.

Can anyone give me info on this area, that I could pass along to my friends? I suspect this may become their future year-round residence. Prices good? Area good? Values stable, and/or appreciating? What is considered "high-end", and any golf course residences there?

I'm currently in New York...... next time I'm down there, I hope to drive thru the area myself.....

Thanks for the info......

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
It's a pretty nice and unknown area. To my knowledge there is no HOA; at the 393 entrance there is a small development on the north and south sides of the road that do have an HOA, but are separate from the remaining neighborhood.

There are some golf course lots on Fairway and Ridge, but as far as access that would be a question for the Santa Rosa Beach Club.

While there is no HOA, there are C&R's which I've attached. To my knowledge they've never been removed so they are in effect. There is an issue with enforcement and there are various phases of Santa Rosa Ridge, but the neighborhood seems pretty laid back and not looking to challenge or alter the C&R's.

Attachments

• Santa Rosa Ridge.pdf
    170.3 KB · Views: 325

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
It's a cool neighborhood. Eclectic with lots of locals.

This is one of my favs. I also just sold a lot in there for more than asking price, through a bidding war, and I have a lot listed on the golf course on Fairway Drive with lake views as of today. It's priced really well. Keep in mind, I had gotten the lot listings all because I wanted to move in there. That's how it all began.

The biggest complaint is the 30' setback the CCR's have. You can build from a low price point on up there, so about $350,000-$750,000, with the average size home being about 2000 square foot.

It's not the prettiest, but it's pretty private and quiet. You're about 1.5 +/- miles from the beach which is a short ride on bike or in a gold cart, with fast access to Gulf Place too for many amenities, shopping, dining, banking, pharmacy, entertainment, live music, green space (yard), a mega pet one stop shop area, spa, salon and more that you can WALK to all that.

I'd love to live in there with no HOA fees and not have all the restrictions most of our Santa Rosa Beach subdivisions have!!

I'd love to give you or your friend a tour!!

I have posted the video of the lot I just sold below that shows the area:

http://youtu.be/z8s3WZF4FWg

Good luck, and I hope this helps!

Your friend on 30A!
Dosh

Mello Yolo

Beach Comber
Jul 31, 2012
We Sell SoWal......... many thanks for hijacking my thread.

Does anyone else have more relevant (and less self-serving and non-commercial) info for me, regarding Santa Rosa Ridge?

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
It's a pretty nice and unknown area. To my knowledge there is no HOA; at the 393 entrance there is a small development on the north and south sides of the road that do have an HOA, but are separate from the remaining neighborhood.

There are some golf course lots on Fairway and Ridge, but as far as access that would be a question for the Santa Rosa Beach Club.

While there is no HOA, there are C&R's which I've attached. To my knowledge they've never been removed so they are in effect. There is an issue with enforcement and there are various phases of Santa Rosa Ridge, but the neighborhood seems pretty laid back and not looking to challenge or alter the C&R's.

Read the attachment dated 1976, which says they will be renewed every 10 years. Ours says the same thing but with a vote needed to extend for another 10 yrs.( just went through this in Seabreeze). Not sure if this is controlled by Florida statute or not. You may want to check. That said, I have friends who live on the Ridge and seem happy with the neighborhood.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Read the attachment dated 1976, which says they will be renewed every 10 years. Ours says the same thing but with a vote needed to extend for another 10 yrs.( just went through this in Seabreeze). Not sure if this is controlled by Florida statute or not. You may want to check. That said, I have friends who live on the Ridge and seem happy with the neighborhood.

It says they will automatically renew without a vote otherwise. That means they are still in effect. It also means the "system built" realtor who hijacked the thread wouldn't be interested as modular homes are not permitted based on those C&R's.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Santa Rosa Ridges does not have just one set of Covenants & Restrictions.

The Neighborhood is actually made up of 7 sections each with their own Covenants. They are not identical.

There are no short term rentals allowed in any of the 7 sections. Most interior lots are 1/3 acre lots and exterior are 1/2 acre.

I believe the total lots is 113 with about 92 homes with 2 currently under construction. I believe there are only two rental homes in the entire SD. It was not platted as a single platt, but was added in sections by the developer.

The last section added was the "Fairway Addition" and it has the most comprehensive Covenants. We amended and updated those in 2007. No vacant lots in the Fairway Addition.

There are only seven lots in our section which is where I reside. Been here 13 years and love our neighbors and neighborhood.

The individual that hijacked the thread really seems to not understand the neighborhood.

Last edited: