• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ecopal

Beach Fanatic
Apr 26, 2005
We noticed new fiber optic cables being installed on 30A.
Is there--hopefully--a new internet provider?
thanks

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Nope, Mediacon is upping their infrastructure.

We won't be getting a new provider anytime soon either, Mediacon's franchise license goes until 2027 I believe.

hi n dry

Beach Lover
Sep 12, 2005
Nope, Mediacon is upping their infrastructure.

We won't be getting a new provider anytime soon either, Mediacon's franchise license goes until 2027 I believe.

We are stuck with media com until 2027'--- OMG.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
We are stuck with media com until 2027'--- OMG.

Okay, that was an exaggeration.

I did some research and Mediacom and Knology (now WOW!) both have franchise agreements in place for any unincorporated areas of Walton county. I would give a gonad for Knology.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Have had directv ( discounted via centurylink Internet ) for three months very little to complain about...too save $$$ they ( centurylink) get you to add phone service which I don't use but have if needed.FYI if interested call centurylink to set it all up, and receive one bill from centurylink.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I hate centurlink, use them for internet and it's ridiculously slow.

cobbarella

Beach Lover
Jun 2, 2012
Alabama
Alternative to Mediacom and Centurylink for businesses

I hate centurlink, use them for internet and it's ridiculously slow.
Southern Light is a Mobile, AL based fiber optic company that has built fiber all along the Gulf Coast. They offer an alternative to the traditional telcom companies. They only provide data services but the beauty is that the customer can then choose from many voice providers who use SL fiber. For a business, their monthly packages start around $350 and go up depending on amount of Internet needed. If you have a company with multiple locations, they can also build connections between them.

For more information, contact Cobby Witherington at 251-753-1618