• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I'm not a lawyer and even I understood back when this first presented itself to this board that Mrs. Harris had not violated Florida law!

What a huge waste of the States time chasing bogus allegations by someone hell bent to even the score.

Someone has way to much time on their hands. Get over it already!

Last edited:

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Friends trying to help friends

Let's all take a step back and ask ourselves this:

If I (you the regular joe citizen) went to the Walton County Sheriffs Office with a complaint about your neighbor having two drivers licenses and living in two places, would I be taken seriously?

Answer: NO, Hell No!

What everyone needs to realize is that our local officials play favors, this was yet another one.

WCSO Officials can't enforce noise ordinances, can't decide where a property line on the beach is, refuse to issue parking citations to tourists, refuse to arrest tourists that beat a local vendor, YET, they will investigate B.S. like this?

Wake Up. Its time to realize that all are not treated equal under the eyes of the law around here.

How this complaint made it to Attorney Marcielle (Greg Anchors #2 Guy out of Pensacola) is simply amazing. Are the attornies in DFS not capable of handling such a complex case of two drivers licenses and residency?

All this was is an attempt to discredit a citizen. It failed.

Why the need for a huge Media Release is yet another question. Our media sits on its hands with major issues and has to be prodded to write stories on things like the "Beach Vendor Brawl", Cocaine Teacher, etc. Why a Press Issue? Is this really news worthy?

They (media) may as well write the following story:

John G. was driving on 30A near Western Lake where he was stopped for going 4 mph over the posted limit by the FHP. FHP Trooper then conducted an interview and determined that John posts on SoWal and talks bad about the alleged "speed trap" there. The FHP Trooper then contacted the State Attorney to see if a 4 mph over the limit traffic citation would hold up in court. After a review, the State advised it would not be reasonable. John G. was given a verbal warning for speed and released from the scene.

There's your local media show prep for the day!

:wave:

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
I know lots of people who know nothing about "cocaine teacher" and some of the other nutty stuff going on in the schools. But I guess the local media likes to be friends with the local politicians.

Johnny Post

Beach Lover
Jan 13, 2008
So, Harris makes all kinds of claims about wrongdoing by various people, some people cheer for this and take it as gospel, but none of it holds up (so far). The other side makes claims against Harris, some people cheer for this and take it as gospel, but none of it (so far) holds up.

Maybe we should all step back and start taking all of this with a heavy dose of skepticism. It seems to me both sides are rather petty. Neither side is as evil as many like to suggest, and the only people who are hurt by this are the citizens who can't get real things done because of this.

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
Where is Mr. Chairman now and all of his other alias names now??? Interesting, the post of the court case that Mrs. Harris won against George Ralph Miller showing he lost his Sunshine Public Record Law Suit and had to pay her was taken down. Yet all ugly post by Mr. Chairman stay up forever.

As for Scott Brannon, he needs to play more Tupac music and chill. He is just showing everyone
he is still bitter for his own stupid actions that caused him to fall from the thrown of being "Mr. Chairman" of the BCC.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
Twelve years ago I had an Alabama and Florida drivers licenses. At that time Florida would issue you a Florida only license valid only in Florida. I used to divide my time between my two homes and I kept an automobile here that was licensed in Florida and the Florida license made it easier for me to obtain liability insurance in Florida. Scott Brannon is even more uninformed that I had originally thought.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.