• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

barrett

Beach Comber
Feb 28, 2005
What are your opinions of this devlopment. All the foreclosures and bank owned lots are sold and there is some new construction - HOA seems healthy and dues seem reasonable. Homes that are built look really nice. It seems alot of the lots are owned by builders. Just wondering what everybody else thinks - seems like there are some decent prices on a few lots. Thanks in advance for any advice!!!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
It had some flooding issues, but that should be resolved when the bridge is installed on 30A.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
It would be a "Hike" to the beach...prefer south of 30A in BMB, a few lots left I understand

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
I love lakeside. The prices still seem right. Of course, I would rather be south of 30A in BMB but you will pay a radical difference for that. I have sold a bunch of lots at Lakeside and have never hear one complaint.
lots south of 30A in BMB upwards from 350K ( 75x150' ish).# notgulffront

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I love lakeside. The prices still seem right. Of course, I would rather be south of 30A in BMB but you will pay a radical difference for that. I have sold a bunch of lots at Lakeside and have never hear one complaint.

Should have been in there when it flooded. Lots of complaints.

Note: The flooding was a very rare occurrence of rain coupled with the failure of drainage culverts. It also didn't affect any homes, just the bridge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
I have lived here 35 years and those rains this past summer were the first time I have ever seen anything like that. I also feel that with the bridge fix and this area allowed proper flow we won't see that again. Still feel LBM is a solid buy. I guess the caveat would be understanding which areas were flooded and has the problem been fixed. Due diligence. I would not hesitate to purchase in here.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Like I said, still a good buy, but I figure full disclosure of the flooding incident to prevent a buyer from misinterpreting or hearing an exaggerated story.

The culvert was fixed and the bridge should be installed sometime in 2056.