• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
Jdarg, please don't post these kind of things. It gives us VietNam vets who feel we have a modicum of common sense and respectibility a bad name. I'm kidding, of course. That anyone, vet or not, would be so stupid is hilarious. It is a sign of our times, I guess. If I don't like it, you can't do it.

It honestly is disrespectful to other vets. Stupidity doesn't know rank, but it knows class!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Dang I would give anything to be there. The entertainment value alone of this ridiculousness is worth the drive to DeFuniak. As Bonnie McQuiston was quoted in last week's Herald, we can't have that bad multiculturalism come to Walton County! So sad that there are people in our community that think that way and still have some sort of influence on anything.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I guess you and I agree once again, Jdarg. As long as the Haiku poem is taught as a matter of history and not a matter of religion it is information that should be available to students. School is about learning all facets of subjects. Then, people can use their innate intelligence to determine what they believe and support.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I guess you and I agree once again, Jdarg. As long as the Haiku poem is taught as a matter of history and not a matter of religion it is information that should be available to students. School is about learning all facets of subjects. Then, people can use their innate intelligence to determine what they believe and support.

It is possible to learn about different religions, including Christianity, and not promote one over the other. It is very shortsighted and limiting to think our children will exist in an all white and Christian world, or for that matter, America. We are now truly the melting pot that we always bragged about being.

Last edited:

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
It is possible to learn about different religions, including Christianity, and not promote One over the other. It is very shortsighted and limiting to think our children will exist in an all white and Christian world, or for that matter, America. We are now truly the melting pot that we always bragged about being.

Unless you are a the Walton COunty Fair

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
It is possible to learn about different religions, including Christianity, and not promote one over the other. It is very shortsighted and limiting to think our children will exist in an all white and Christian world, or for that matter, America. We are now truly the melting pot that we always bragged about being.

While I agree with what you say, I have some additions. It is also shortsighted to believe that parents should not attempt to instill their core values in their children over what they may be exposed to at school. We have always been a melting pot. The difference between immigration in past years and now is that when we were a melting pot in earlier years, it was because of legal immigration. You cannot argue with the fact that now days, not so much, to the detriment of our American immigration system. It needs to be brought back to what it once was.