• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
Who are you voting for?

Sample ballot
http://www.votewalton.com/Voter-Information/Sample-Ballots.aspx

Bob Hudson - I vote for Bob because he is on this forum answering questions. He is not part of the old boy network.

Tom McGee - I know him and like him. Smart and kind - http://justiceormercy.com

Charlie Crist - had the guts to switch parties because he felt it was the right thing to do even though it hurts politically. Rick Scott is just another politician selling off my beloved Florida.

Jim Bryan - Bryan is the holder of two world records for parachuting, records which still hold today, and also is an expert with nuclear weapons. He has received over 30 combat decorations, including 3 purple hearts and saved over 200 lives.

George Sheldon - because Tea Party love Pam Bondi.

Drake v Schoen - do not care for either choice.

I hate voting for judges because I never know anything about them - how about you? Is there a resource you can share that you use to evaluate them?

The 3 amendment votes - I am voting yes for all 3.

I am a registered independent and vote for issues and people, not parties.

It really bothers me that every Republican is running against Obama and Obamacare. It makes me feel that they have low character, no mind of their own, and worse, insults my intelligence. I also cringed when I got the flyer in the mail portraying Crist as a baby killer. Not only did it make me feel bad that Scott would stoop to that kind of tactic, it made me check it out and see it was untrue and the worst kind of propaganda. I can't imagine any fascist regime in history using tactics any less deplorable.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I googled the judges elections and found a bar association poll that measured the percentage of voters "familiar" with them and would retain them. All received retention rates in the 90% and above, except Makur, who was in the 80% category. Sorry but can't come up with a link on the fly this morning.

Regarding amendment 3, it is awful and politicizes the judicial process. It is hard enough to keep partisan politics out of areas of our lives where it shouldn't be, and this is another example of that. If you really look at the pros and cons, the no vote is easy.

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
Thanks ya'll! I'll vote no on 3 and be with the tea party on that one! :lol:

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
You are about as independent as a Kennedy:)))

It sucks that we only have these two idiots as our choice for Governor. Crist is an opportunist and Scott is oblivious, what a choice.

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
You are about as independent as a Kennedy:)))

It sucks that we only have these two idiots as our choice for Governor. Crist is an opportunist and Scott is oblivious, what a choice.

haha - I used to be in the center but it moved. I'm all over the board sometimes but I am not for extremism on either side. I know what you mean about Governor.

Sadly all the people power has gone out of politics and only greed remains. Our governement is bought and paid for!

Seaducer

Banned
Jan 17, 2008
Destin
despite John Morgan's none too subtle attempt to get the stoner vote off the
couch and voting for his partner Crist I still voted yes on 2 but no on the others

Seaducer

Banned
Jan 17, 2008
Destin
amendments are a really really stupid way of making law

we're going to have a 90 page state Constitution made up of silly fads and pet projects that won't ever get fixed

Last edited: