• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
If memory serves Danny (I'm not senile yet) there were pictures of you in uniform overseeing prisoners putting a new roof on a local church in DFS.

Christmas Reflections is a private enterprise not a non profit and State Statue is clear about prisoners being put to use for PUBLIC WORKS ONLY!

Most people don't mind ignoring the law when it furthers "Christian" agendas.

P.S. Quinn McMillan use to lead the prayer at football games at WCHS until the ACLU came in and said it would stop immediately. Then the "movers and shakers" in DFS got a little more cunning about how prayer was orchestrated via those same football games and would have students lead them across the taxpayer funded public address system. That was stopped also.

Basically what you're telling me is that its ok to ignore the law if it offends Christians but not other religions.

I thought it was Bobby Butler...

As for reflections, I agree with you.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Seaducer, I, for one, am glad to see you back! You provide a little spice to otherwise dull areas.

Seaducer

Banned
Jan 17, 2008
Destin
Seaducer, I, for one, am glad to see you back! You provide a little spice to otherwise dull areas.

thanks, it's fun watching paper tigers crumble and the ones who feel "protected" run for protection when challenged

I only wish I got to spend more time here at home to poke the bloated sanctimonious balloons

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I feel sorry for the failures that call themselves parents who's children can be swayed by the schools.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
From WZEP AM 1460

Jeselnik says there are 9 that focuses on Islam, 8 on Christianity, 4 on Judaism and 1 on Shinto to learn what each is. The standards look at how religions are shaped, how does it contribute to the culture of the region, the roles of “The Church” in cultural history and how they reflect governmental structures.

The unit in question actually dealt with China and Japan, not Islam. It discussed medieval Japanese culture including the widespread use of kabuki theatre and haiku. The student was to write four haiku poems, two on the topic and two on anything they want. Jeselnik said this was a way to allow students to learn through different styles. He told the Board the use of assignments like haiku allows students to learn in a way to help memory. There were numerous examples in a resource book and in the textbook. There were other types of poetry including limericks and rap songs. The example was one of 18, with 16 on U.S. history and one on the slave trade.

Board member Dennis Wallace said he appreciated the amount of details and thanked Dr. Jeselnik. Member Mark Davis asked if these were part of the new standards, Jeselnik said no, these were from older ones, the Florida Standards. Anderson said the Florida Standards are from the state and they are required to teach them. Social studies is not yet under the new Florida Standards. The course is not Common Core. Kay Dailey said there is an 85% match between the Next Generation Standards and Common Core.

Resident Gordon Porter said the information did not address their objection. He said it is the statement on Islam, not the use of a haiku. He said he is opposed to Islam being taught in school when they can’t say something about Christianity. He said it is the statements, not the form of poetry. Porter said Islam has declared war against the U.S. and he opposes anything that says Allah is greater than God. Corrine Porter noted that Islam had nine points in the standards, while Christianity had less. She said we should not be encouraging young people to embrace Islam.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
We definitely live in a free society and let these whack jobs live and work among us.

America is the greatest country on earth. :D

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Again it's the parents of the Superintendent candidate who doesn't live here just yet, wasn't that the fear of the referendum that "outsiders" might come in?