• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I got my tax bill in the mail today. My charge for mosquito control was a tremendous $17.00. I think I'll move out of SoWal with such outlandish taxes. (Please note the sarcasm)

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
What's funny is what the person misrepresenting the "tax increase" actually pays in property taxes. He pays "Nothing", "Zip" , "Nada" "A big goose egg". This is his tax bill.

View attachment 38647

So much for a 26% tax increase.

Oh yeah here his tax bill on this from last year.
View attachment 38648

Oh my - his taxes actually decrease by 334 %

So this guys campaign talking points are based off of his once owing about $3 and change for taxes...

What a joke. Whomever is pushing him should be ashamed. Looks as if one candidate is able to accurately articulate Fact as opposed to lies.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Bonnie McQuiston got one elected for mosquito control. Her other candidate lost.
So everyone who takes money from Ms McQuiston is her candidate. I am curious what makes them hers, in the political sense?

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
So everyone who takes money from Ms McQuiston is her candidate. I am curious what makes them hers, in the political sense?

She is about personal vendettas and runs with a interesting crowd of high rollers. She spearheaded the effort to defeat Bob Hudson based on a personal agenda. Faulk (Congrats) was / is a pawn being used in this game. No dispute he won, but his talking points were proven false and I certain he had no involvement in creating them (talking points). Big money wins (buys) elections around here. She has affiliated with big money and has won one of two elections this go around. The other two Mosquito Candidates are much more qualified to hold office than Faulk, but he won, so good for him.

Seaducer

Banned
Jan 17, 2008
Destin
living a life so afraid of "big money" and "high rollers" must leave you little time to enjoy what little you have yourself.

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
What's funny is what the person misrepresenting the "tax increase" actually pays in property taxes. He pays "Nothing", "Zip" , "Nada" "A big goose egg". This is his tax bill.

View attachment 38647

So much for a 26% tax increase.

Oh yeah here his tax bill on this from last year.
View attachment 38648

Oh my - his taxes actually decrease by 334 %

Am I missing something? These tax bills are for different properties. It seems he has one homestead exemption and pays taxes on the other properties. I don't see the 'point' of this.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
The top bill is his 2014 tax bill which is 0.00 - the bottom bill was 2013.

That's not exactly a 26 % tax increase.

He won

Last post from me on the race.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Things are never as simple as advertising and soundbites try to make them. Governing is hard work and good government requires a genuine desire to serve and improve your community. I have come to be leery of people who's answer is always cutting taxes because sometimes circumstances do not allow that course. I think it is always good policy to have the lowest possible tax rates but the critical functions of government must be funded and going in debt should be the last option. You also have to look at the real numbers instead of trusting someone's statistics. If your tax bill is one dollar and is rises to two, you have a 100% tax increase. In real terms you lose a cup of coffee a year.
In the end what is in a person's heart should be more important than how many catchy slogans they can pay someone to write. But, unfortunately, our electoral process these days has that exactly backwards. So we elect weak people who are controlled by one group or the other and the business of governing continues to suffer. And in many cases we get races where neither candidate deserves our vote and we hold our nose and try to pick the lessor of two evils. In utopia a third party or independent would become a viable option, but history shows that is not very realistic.