• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bentley williams

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
SoWal
If you want to talk compatibility, you need only draw a half mile radius, and I'll bet close to 50% of the dwellings are mobile homes. Maybe some exaggeration, but this area contains much of the old Florida we love.

Not sure mobile home preservation argument will work. ;-)

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Precedence. We let one in, and the La Quinta, Hyatt Place, Comfort Inn, etc. will be able to follow. Great places on the interstate, but not compatible with the style of vacation experience that people expect on 30A. Nobody plans a vacation here then looks for lodging in a chain hotel. The 30a vacationers might stay in a hotel chain while traveling here, but don't want to see one when they arrive.

I am very concerned about beach access problems.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Dear Residents & Homeowners of 30A,

Protect 30A from Proposed Hampton Inn Development in Seagrove.

Please sign this petition and forward to your fellow residents of 30A! Each Commissioner on the Planning Board will automatically receive an email expressing concern by signing the online petition.

Our Walton County Commissioners will be meeting Thursday, Dec 11, at 5:00 at the Walton County Annex with approval of building a Hampton Inn on 30A in Seagrove Beach. I believe approval of this project would be detrimental to 30A for homeowners, friends and visitors of 30A alike.

30A has been uniquely preserved and is one set apart from Panama City Beach, Sandestin, Destin, etc. where permanent residents, homeowners, and seasonal visitors come to escape such development. Please sign the online petition letting the Walton County Planning Commission know you oppose the proposed Hampton Inn development on 30A. In addition, call and contact each representative in the petition. If you are not able to attend, don’t assume it will not be approved. Ensure you voice is heard by signing the online petition!

I created a petition to the following:
Bill Chapman, District 1 Commissioner
Cecilia Jones, District 2 Commissioner
Bill Imfeld, District 3 Commissioner, Chair

Sara Comander (R), District 4 Commissioner, Vice Chair

Cindy Meadows (R), District 5 Commissioner

Carrie Thiemann

Please sign this petition and forward to your fellow residents of 30A!

Click here to view and sign: http://havn.re/Protect30A or
http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/protect-30a-from-proposed?source=c.em.cp&r_by=11998620

Thanks for creating this petition and sharing on SoWal Forums! It is now viral on facebook!

As of today...
There are currently 1,880 signatures. NEW goal - We need 2,000 signatures!

DestinDeb

Beach Lover
Sep 28, 2012
The meeting to consider the approval of the Hampton Inn to be built next to Seagrove Baptist Church on 30A is Thursday, Dec 11 at 5:00 in the Walton County Annex. There are petitions out there that can be signed if you are unable to go. Building this Hampton Inn on this location with be a detriment to the area ecologically, logistically as far as traffic, and will change the face of the 30A that people have come from all over the world to enjoy for many, many years. Not to mention leading to the reduction of our property values. Please come to the meeting and let your voice be heard on this development plan.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
No doubt you've given millions to environmental causes as well in order to call him a douche, but since you have why not spend a few more and buy this property from him and open a scrub oak and sea oat forest with high fences all around???

or you could just make another few thousand posts online and pretend it's just as valuable...

I stand corrected, he is a pine scented douche:wave:

smithwjhg

Beach Comber
Mar 31, 2010
Inlet Beach
www.wjhg.com
WJHG wants to do a story on this potential development. We were out there today and everyone we talked to was against it, but no one would go on camera. We really can't do a story without folks talking about it. Anyone that would be willing to speak feel free to contact me and I will have a reporter get in touch with you.

Thanks,

Chris
chris.smith@wjhg.com

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
WJHG wants to do a story on this potential development. We were out there today and everyone we talked to was against it, but no one would go on camera. We really can't do a story without folks talking about it. Anyone that would be willing to speak feel free to contact me and I will have a reporter get in touch with you.

Thanks,

Chris
chris.smith@wjhg.com

Where were you Chris?

No doubt you've given millions to environmental causes as well in order to call him a douche, but since you have why not spend a few more and buy this property from him and open a scrub oak and sea oat forest with high fences all around???

or you could just make another few thousand posts online and pretend it's just as valuable...
It's ridiculous to suggest that a private citizen should purchase the property (totally impractical due to how many owners of vacant property could propose developments that violate the character and quality of life of 30A). What the Planning Commission is presenting on behalf of the owner is a bad proposal. That's what the Planning Commission and BCC rules are supposed to prevent.

And how can you assume to know what certain individuals have donated in either money or sweat equity for environmental causes? And actually that's not the point.