• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
I guess you mean no parking problems for the beach once you figure out where to put your SUV. I saw on the website 'one assigned parking space' per three bedroom unit. Maybe there is overflow parking somewhere?
very large parking over flow parking lot across the street by back porch

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012
I have friends and relatives that didn't rent in Seagrove Beach this summer because of crowding and traffic. How could one hotel make it any worse?

Isn't it painfully apparent? Because it will make it even more worse. It will go from suffocating to strangling.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Funny, no one seems to care about the sleeps 30 rental house (there are two) not too far down the road...

Are you in need of torches and pitchforks or just an angry mob?

Seriously, start your whining in another thread and stop trying to attach yourself to a disaster that doesn't exist yet.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Are you saying the two Super Awesome Mega Wedding Houses that each sleep 30+ don't exist?

Southern Cafe

Beach Comber
Feb 8, 2011
no doubt you've given millions to environmental causes as well in order to call him a douche, but since you have why not spend a few more and buy this property from him and open a scrub oak and sea oat forest with high fences all around???

Or you could just make another few thousand posts online and pretend it's just as valuable...

word.

OG Florida Native

Beach Crab
Dec 13, 2014
What's the problem?

Why don't they put the hotels on 98 and 331? We are very short on affordable hotels.

Why doesn't anyone here want an affordable option closer to the beach? Hampton Inn is owned by Hilton. There are no kitchens in the units, so the guests that stay there actually spend money at local restaurants. Not just Publix (another chain that snuck in but people are happy about). Is it because it isn't a Four Seasons or a W? Or is it bringing in the "wrong element?" If it is the wrong element, then SoWal lost that twenty years ago, when all these transplants came from other areas and plopped down their money and bought their local badge. SoWal would be lucky to have 25% of the integrity of a city like Austin or Portland. Both of which have Hampton Inns. Get over yourselves, the design looks clean and elegant, and it has its own parking, which hopefully will be guarded with a gate, just to keep out the "wrong element" I.e. - non-local locals.

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
Why doesn't anyone here want an affordable option closer to the beach? Hampton Inn is owned by Hilton. There are no kitchens in the units, so the guests that stay there actually spend money at local restaurants. Not just Publix (another chain that snuck in but people are happy about). Is it because it isn't a Four Seasons or a W? Or is it bringing in the "wrong element?" If it is the wrong element, then SoWal lost that twenty years ago, when all these transplants came from other areas and plopped down their money and bought their local badge. SoWal would be lucky to have 25% of the integrity of a city like Austin or Portland. Both of which have Hampton Inns. Get over yourselves, the design looks clean and elegant, and it has its own parking, which hopefully will be guarded with a gate, just to keep out the "wrong element" I.e. - non-local locals.

There are many land options on 98. I get the feeling that is the look, is the issue as much as the potential congestion. A condo style, or retro style, building I don't think would have the same controversy. Put in another ugly as tower with a Starbucks and Fridays in the bottom. What the hell right? Let's put it by where you live though:)

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012
Are you saying the two Super Awesome Mega Wedding Houses that each sleep 30+ don't exist?

As reported on this Forum previously the BCC, the WCSO and the County Attorney cares as shown by the BCC along with the concurrence of the WCSO and County Attorney's office by passing Noise Ordinance 2014-16 on July 8, 2014. The previous Noise Ordinance 2003-09 was believed inadequate to address loud noise disturbances that impacted people in their homes. The 2014-16 is applicable 24/7.

2014-16 was passed to address loud noise disturbances. Use it if there is a problem.