• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
It's good to know that you are better than other people. If that's the case you and others of like mind should have no problem putting a stop to all development along 30a.

All men are created equal (born equal) but that certainly does not mean they stay that way. Some educate themselves to be better than those who were born the same. They become doctors, entrepreneurs, firemen and other useful members of society and contribute greatly to that society. Are they better than those who don't go the extra mile? You bet! There are those in our society who cannot advance to the level Skunkape has attained and they deserve our complete help to maintain a good lifestyle. Those capable of pursuing a better life but chose to sit on their butts instead, do not deserve our sympathy and should get our contempt instead.

Last edited:

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
All men are created equal (born equal) but that certainly does not mean they stay that way. Some educate themselves to be better than the those who were born the same. They become doctors, entrepreneurs, firemen and other useful members of society and contribute greatly to that society. Are they better than those who don't go the extra mile? You bet! There are those in our society who cannot advance to the level Skunkape has attained and they deserve our complete help to maintain a good lifestyle. Those capable of pursuing a better life but chose to sit on their butts instead, do not only not deserve our sympathy but should get our contempt as well.

There are a lot of very good people who work hard but for different reasons haven't attained levels of education and find the careers that you mention. I'm reasonably well educated but I know others who have only a high school education and in some cases never finished high school but they aren't sitting on their butts. Personally, I don't think I'm better than others just because I'm better off they they might be for whatever reason. But I suppose I'm just trailer trash who needs to stay in my place.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
All men are created equal (born equal) but that certainly does not mean they stay that way. Some educate themselves to be better than those who were born the same. They become doctors, entrepreneurs, firemen and other useful members of society and contribute greatly to that society. Are they better than those who don't go the extra mile? You bet! There are those in our society who cannot advance to the level Skunkape has attained and they deserve our complete help to maintain a good lifestyle. Those capable of pursuing a better life but chose to sit on their butts instead, do not deserve our sympathy and should get our contempt instead.

Hands down the absolute dumbest post ever.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013

Honestly I thought the Skunkape was piling it higher and deeper, and then you come along. Sheesh!

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
It's good to know that you are better than other people. If that's the case you and others of like mind should have no problem putting a stop to all development along 30a.

Nice try but that is not what I said or meant to imply. THIS AREA is better than those areas that have already been flattened and ruined. I'm just an average Joe going about his business living in a modest house next to a swamp. And the thing about it is, that is where I can afford to live, I don't whine about high rents or selling prices. I understand that if it is too expensive to buy a house that has a gulf view, I will not do it. Just like I realize that if I go to an area where the lodging is expensive, like Miami's South Beach, or long term only, like Napa, I best do my research and expect to conform to those communities rather than expect them to adapt to me by throwing up an interstate exit ant farm for humans.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Historically skunkape has consistently been fair so please don't be so quick to read a negative in his post. When he says we are better, I think he means the community is better than other areas that have had their special charm ruined by over development.

Edit: well duh. Sorry everyone I'm on my cell phone and skunkape's post was on another page so I missed it and didn't realize he already interpreted his first post.

Last edited: