• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JKBeach

Beach Comber
Nov 4, 2012
Seagrove, FL
Not to get us off track from the Hampton Inn, but it looks like there may be another hotel development in the works on 30A. I’m not an “Old Fart Sowaller”, so I don’t know where this site is located. A friend let me know of a new development at the Old Collaborations site that also includes a "small" 75 room hotel plus two restaurants and two retail / professional buildings. I think Ricky Rookis/ Chancey Architects are working on the project.

Looks like the flood gates are beginning to open. I see a long struggle ahead for the "Old Farts" and "New Farts".

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
This is near the proposed Hampton Inn to the west of Eastern Lake on north side of Scenic 30A across from Clay Nursery. There has been a sign on the property for awhile for a mixed use development. I don't know if anything concrete has been proposed for it.

http://www.rookisdevelopment.com/midgrove.html

MidGrove Centre
Centrally located on Scenic Highway 30A in Seagrove Beach, Florida, this 4.7 acre site is the ideal location for a limited service hotel, upscale retail, restaurants, and office space.

midgrove2.jpg

midgrove3.jpg

midgrove1.jpg

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
I was so hoping that it might be a Motel 6 with a McDonalds and a tattoo parlor. We redneckettes need a place to chill.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Sounds like a La Quinta. With a Chick fil A and an air brush shop!

Given La Quinta's pet policy (when I've stayed with them, the second question at check-in is woofs or no woofs) I'd say that would generate a pretty huge spike in unpermitted dogs on the beach.

(Despite that, if you're ever trying to stay in Flagstaff, Arizona on a summer weekend on the way to the Grand Canyon, they're pretty much the only sub-$200 option that doesn't get too many scary reviews)

Last edited:

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
I heard the same thing from a business owner in the area. I was told that St. Joe expressed an interest in the property in December. St. Joe probably figured that if we had to vote on the lesser of the two evils, we would vote for the proposed St. Joe project. I was told it was going to be another hotel or Inn.

Last edited:

annie watson

Banned
Oct 1, 2013
Despite some of the comments I've read regarding hotels on 30a, it really is a lot more convenient for a lot of people to stay in a hotel than it is to rent a condo for a couple of nights. I've owned a condo and had it on the rental market for a year and we've rented condos so I know a little bit about these things. And when we travel we usually stay in Hilton brand hotels. My husband is a Hilton Honors member and with a couple of clicks on the computer, voila, the reservation is booked.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Despite some of the comments I've read regarding hotels on 30a, it really is a lot more convenient for a lot of people to stay in a hotel than it is to rent a condo for a couple of nights. I've owned a condo and had it on the rental market for a year and we've rented condos so I know a little bit about these things. And when we travel we usually stay in Hilton brand hotels. My husband is a Hilton Honors member and with a couple of clicks on the computer, voila, the reservation is booked.
voila. 90(rooms)x4(per)=360folks
voila Show Up......