• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
I have been trying to get to The Marigny, but after reading the disrespectful nasty postings by the restaurant I will be going elsewhere. Stop blaming your Sh*tty service on the labor pool, it's a cheap shot. Take responsibility and train your staff. It's your fault they aren't qualified because the restaurants with good service are hiring from the same labor pool as you. I get so damn tired of hearing excuses from restaurants for crappy service or food because they are new or just opened. Either get it together before you open or offer discounts until you do.

Thanks to everyone for their honest opinions. If a business does well they deserve praise if not, well-------

Last edited:

JoeWormwood

Beach Lover
Oct 9, 2008
In words of Rodney King, "Please stop with the merciless beating, I beg of you".

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Iris, it's unfortunate that we haven't been able to satisfy you. We can't please everyone. At least we know that we please most, ie "Best of the Emerald Coast 2014", 30A.com "HotSpot", etc etc.

LOL - Best of EC is a ballot stuffing exercise usually. And I have yet to walk in to a business in SoWal that doesn't have one of those stupid hot spot logos on it. What a farce. (next thing you know they'll be branding our pets, trees and air :roll: ).

On point though, I have ate at Marigny a few times and found the food to be superb. Service was fine. I'll go back because the food is better NOLA cuisine than anywhere else. And big portions. I don't eat oysters though.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
I have been trying to get to The Marigny, but after reading the disrespectful nasty postings by the restaurant I will be going elsewhere. Stop blaming your Sh*tty service on the labor pool, it's a cheap shot. Take responsibility and train your staff. It's your fault they aren't qualified because the restaurants with good service are hiring from the same labor pool as you. I get so damn tired of hearing excuses from restaurants for crappy service or food because they are new or just opened. Either get it together before you open or offer discounts until you do.

Thanks to everyone for their honest opinions. If a business does well they deserve praise if not, well-------

The food is really good so you should try it. I think they have a bit of NOLA attitude which I like. It's good enough to go back and they have regulars.

But it is the worst locartion in South Walton as far as being off the beaten path. Without social media and this site nobody would know about them. Still I doubt they have all the business they want. If I were in that spot I'd be going all out to get new customers. Really no room for error I'd guess.

Anybody seen the movie Chef?

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
The food is really good so you should try it. I think they have a bit of NOLA attitude which I like. It's good enough to go back and they have regulars. But it is the worst locartion in South Walton as far as being off the beaten path. Without social media and this site nobody would know about them. Still I doubt they have all the business they want. If I were in that spot I'd be going all out to get new customers. Really no room for error I'd guess. Anybody seen the movie Chef?

I have had their food, twice in fact, just not at the restaurant and it was good. I will probably go in the future just not right now. steelman wasn't even being nasty or mean just honest. They had to go and be pricks about it and take cheap shots at him and the staff and then want to blame the community if they fail. Too many good eating establishments around here to put up with that crap.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
I have had their food, twice in fact, just not at the restaurant and it was good. I will probably go in the future just not right now. steelman wasn't even being nasty or mean just honest. They had to go and be pricks about it and take cheap shots at him and the staff and then want to blame the community if they fail. Too many good eating establishments around here to put up with that crap.
poppy you should see the 7 paragraph RANT and Challenges someone name Jason
( part owner he said) PM me few days ago....one day I may publish it as an Open Message from management....

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Marigny is a favorite place of a friend of mine. Consequently, every time he is in town we go there. I have never had a bad meal there nor poor service. Maybe I am not as discriminating as some are. In simple terms, I will be returning.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
poppy you should see the 7 paragraph RANT and Challenges someone name Jason ( part owner he said) PM me few days ago....one day I may publish it as an Open Message from management....

I can only imagine, after reading what he posted publicly I doubt anyone would be surprised. At least three people on here have stated the service sucked on more than one occasion. I didn't see any evidence of a conspiracy, just posters being honest. I also didn't like him telling you to keep your opinions to your self, ef that.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Marigny is a favorite place of a friend of mine. Consequently, every time he is in town we go there. I have never had a bad meal there nor poor service. Maybe I am not as discriminating as some are. In simple terms, I will be returning.

Or maybe it's because you're "better".

The Marigny

Beach Lover
Aug 21, 2013
Nowhere in the posts or private messages have we been insulting or vulgar. However, we have been called names and insulted on this very post. We don't know if awards that we have been voted for are real or not. We just know someone liked us enough to vote. We don't blame the labor pool, but accept it as a fact in this area. Furthermore, we don't blame anyone for anything. We did our due diligence with steel1man, A YEAR AGO! He got charged for bread, by mistake. That was it! Not bad food or drinks, nothing, just overcharged for bread. And we emailed him and never got a response. Ok. It was over. For someone to post a negative comment about our place, again, a year later is just unfair and unnecessary. Especially when the offer had made publicly to make things right. We have pride in ourselves. So, why is it wrong to question someone's comment? And people have said they won't come now because we did? We are not obligated to stand by and get bashed for no reason. Too many restaurants just take it. We are not one of those. We work too hard to be non-responsive. Our intent is not to offend anyone, but instead question validity of unfair statements. We made a mistake. A year ago. Attempted to rectify the error to no avail. No need to beat that dead horse. Our parents taught us that "if you have nothing nice to say, maybe you should say nothing". That's all.