• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
The subject here is the desirability and necessity of a Hampton Inn on or near 30A, not whether a poster misinterprets what I post not on the subject. Any large motel on 30A would be a detriment to the area.

It's not necessary to have lots of condos either but they're all over the place and more will be built. But apparently I'm not very good at using the "correct tone" at voicing my opinion. And I did wish all of you who live in the area luck in your crusade.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
The subject here is the desirability and necessity of a Hampton Inn on or near 30A, not whether a poster misinterprets what I post not on the subject. Any large motel on 30A would be a detriment to the area.

You the one who introduced the class wars into the thread and I ask again, why are you dragging me into this? I have neither condemned nor condoned this project. I have tried to stay neutral and have stated I believe those who live closest to the area should have a louder voice. And there was no misinterpretation. Your position was very clear to all as evidenced by the responses. To quote you, "Are they better than those who go the extra mile? You bet!"

Last edited:

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
A lot of condos on 30A look like hotels, albeit very nice ones. I'm not convinced that a large hotel would ruin the décor of 30A, at the same time, I'm not sold on the idea and certainly need to hear more facts and certainly a lot less emotion on the issue.

Dreamer

Beach Lover
Dec 29, 2014
Northwest Georgia
I am against the Hampton Inn and was also against the Grayton Grande. We fought for 10 years trying to stop the latter. If the deep pockets want it, they will get it. It's just a matter of time. :sosad:

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
I am against the Hampton Inn and was also against the Grayton Grande. We fought for 10 years trying to stop the latter. If the deep pockets want it, they will get it. It's just a matter of time. :sosad:

I'll assume that the fight means litigation. Who pays for the lawyers and court costs?

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
I had not heard of the Grayton Grand project until I read post #334 but after a little more reading, it appears that this was proposed by Jay Odom in 2003 and that the courts finally OK'd it at some point. Does anyone know the status of it? I assume it's been in litigation.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
This will pass or not pass BUT, western 30A villages ( really the preferred residences by many) will continue to basically stay the same.because of Point Washington there really isn't any large land parcels for something like Hampton and the other hotel planned just a few blocks west of Hampton site. So Dune Allen, Santa Rosa beach,BMB,and Grayton ( until Grayton grande is built which I understand is very close to happening) will remain small, less crowded, less traffic and becoming very desirable financially for current residence. You may be surprised at the increase asking prices in the last few months for homes south of 30A, plus there aren't many available.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
This will pass or not pass BUT, western 30A villages ( really the preferred residences by many) will continue to basically stay the same.because of Point Washington there really isn't any large land parcels for something like Hampton and the other hotel planned just a few blocks west of Hampton site. So Dune Allen, Santa Rosa beach,BMB,and Grayton ( until Grayton grande is built which I understand is very close to happening) will remain small, less crowded, less traffic and becoming very desirable financially for current residence. You may be surprised at the increase asking prices in the last few months for homes south of 30A, plus there aren't many available.

I think you'll be shocked at the number of parcels on 98.

There is a hotel site and more at Peach Creek.

Rosemary Beach east to Panama City Bridge will be one giant city.

Almost everything west of 331 will look like Miramar Beach (basically Destin) soon.

Not to mention that 331 north of the bay will soon have every chain store, restaurant, grocery, hotel, and car dealer known to man. But that's for another thread. But the relevant point is that a fight against a Hampton Inn will soon be a quaint and wistful notion.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com